perrin cold air intake vs. cobb sf intake with air box

This is a discussion on perrin cold air intake vs. cobb sf intake with air box within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; tomorrow i'm buying the new cobb ap v3 for my 11 wrx, I also wanted to get a intake system ...

perrin cold air intake vs. cobb sf intake with air box

tomorrow i'm buying the new cobb ap v3 for my 11 wrx, I also wanted to get a intake system does anyone have feedback on the perrin cold air intake vs. cobb sf intake with air box?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb only offers maps for Cobb/AEM intakes. Unless you have a map designed for the Perrin intake lined up, I think that solves your dilemma pretty easily...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

well thats easy thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Yup. I have the perrin intake. I got the ap from perrin so I got their maps plus the Cobb maps for free. True that Cobb doesn't design maps for the perrin intake, so if you didn't get your ap from perrin, or don't want to buy their maps then you should go Cobb intake. I do believe that if you buy perrin hardware they will hook you up with their maps for free, but I heard rumors a while back that they were not going to be making maps for the ap anymore. You would have to contact perrin though to confirm that. I have the perrin intake and run their maps and have had great service from them.