What engine mods do I need to blow a Camaro SS?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on What engine mods do I need to blow a Camaro SS? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know I'm really close to beating an SS but I really want to annihilate this scum bag that I ...

What engine mods do I need to blow a Camaro SS?

I know I'm really close to beating an SS but I really want to annihilate this scum bag that I unfortunately know. I need to embarrass him because he told me he'll give me 10 car lengths and I know 10 car lengths is more than enough to blow him away. I have about $5k set aside for my Subi, so please any recommendations will be highly appreciated. Im gonna tear this guy a new a$$ hole...help me guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Agron1979 View Post
    I know I'm really close to beating an SS but I really want to annihilate this scum bag that I unfortunately know. I need to embarrass him because he told me he'll give me 10 car lengths and I know 10 car lengths is more than enough to blow him away. I have about $5k set aside for my Subi, so please any recommendations will be highly appreciated. Im gonna tear this guy a new a$$ hole...help me guys!
    I'd say sell your car and take the cash you get plus the 5K and put a downpayment on a mustang gt500.

I Support ClubWRX
    The mouth mod.

Sorry couldn't help myself
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

(=====8

I'll try to be a touch more serious (just a little). Assuming you're doing this on a drag-strip... or some other form of sanctioned racing, and not through school zones. I don't know how to convert school-zone times into 1/4 mile or rally times.

I'm not 100% familiar with the SSs (but my 3 year old son loves them), to be honest. I can give you some 1/4-mile times (or you could look them up yourself). I know with my build (see the build forum), I ran a 12.26 and 12.48 @ 22 psi (and a lot of 12.7s @ 20 psi) in the cold night air at NEMS on DRs - the vast majority of my time was lost in my 60' time. I've been drag racing for a while (bikes and sleds mostly), but I would expect you could run sub 13s with my mods if you were competent.

From Nasioc, stage 2 TP cars are running 12.9s pretty consistently.

To 'rip someone apart', that means at minimum a 1-second 1/4 mile win to me. YMMV.

What's an SS run? From the forums I see a lot of 'high 12s' for the stock 2013 (no idea if this is true or not, it's from the Camaro forums). That means you won't 'destroy' him with my mods (which are JUST in your budget) - it'll be more of a drivers race to see if he can catch you. Therefore, you'll need motor and/or turbo work if you want to kill him. This means your budget isn't big enough as stated. E85 could be an option, but that requires fueling upgrades. Assuming I'm making 325/385, then you need to make 450/500 to beat him by a second?

That should cost... hmmm ..... $20k? Or there abouts anyway.

The issue is, of course, doing that dramatically shortens the life of your clutch and transmission, but you only need to beat him once, right? RIGHT?! If not, you'll need tranny work too...

So my suggestion is to 1/4 mile race him... in January... during a blizzard... him stock tires you on snow tires... you should kill him.
    Last edited by TankerTruck; 09-12-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Relax the throat.. You can use a little teeth but you don't want to be a biter.

A fifth gen will not run high 12s in the quarter without some engine work and good tires.

Kneepads. Glasses would probably help.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The Evo mod (Drews Suggestion Book pg 1).

Why is a dumbass with a big-V8 Camaro SS saying he will destroy a freaking 4 cylinder car with 265 horses? I also bet I can beat up my neighbor's 10 year old kid, cuz I'm cool, ya know.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

zax
    I'm no expert in blowing things, but I imagine you can blow a Camaro for free.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

but seriously, e85, upgraded fuel system to go with it, DP, Dom 1.5 XTR, Wider sticky ass tires, Process West TMIC, EBCS, AccessPort or Opensource protune, and some other little stuff your tuner will probably recommend

I was checking Chevy's site to see what they are doing with the Camaro these days out of curiosity, and I think it's kind of funny (and sad) that the ZL1, a supercharged 6.2 liter with 580 freaking horsepower, gets THE SAME MPG as our 4 cylinder WRX's....what. the. ****. Way to go, Subaru.

2013 Chevy Camaro ZL1 | Performance Sports Car | Chevrolet
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

It would help if you told us what kind of car you have, what mods it already has, and what kind of "race" is this going to be..

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    ^^ Zitro shoulda baought a muhstang. No doudt.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast