downpipe and cbe question - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on downpipe and cbe question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've looked for recent reviews of precision and haven't seen any of newer models (there is an old thread on ...

I've looked for recent reviews of precision and haven't seen any of newer models (there is an old thread on here in the vendor review) I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them but there are many shops in the local tri state area to look into.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I had an invidia divorced catted dp with o2 bung. Had boost creep, overboosted and popped a cel every few weeks

Not sure if it was the dp or just my personal car not liking mods. But it sucked knowing I couldn't go full throttle in any temp below about 85 without risking it........
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    I had an invidia divorced catted dp with o2 bung. Had boost creep, overboosted and popped a cel every few weeks

Not sure if it was the dp or just my personal car not liking mods. But it sucked knowing I couldn't go full throttle in any temp below about 85 without risking it........
    And now? you still have the car?, it seems like mentioned before some cars do it some don't.. I don't know how much work is involved porting the internal waste gate but it seems to be the most cost effective solution.

I just read a thread on nasoic that pretty much says if you have the stock air box chances of having boost creep are very low compared to having an aftermarket intake. I don't know maybe having a restriction on the intake side slows down the turbine? Anyone have any experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post

Time for an EWG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crows View Post
    I just read a thread on nasoic that pretty much says if you have the stock air box chances of having boost creep are very low compared to having an aftermarket intake. I don't know maybe having a restriction on the intake side slows down the turbine? Anyone have any experience with this?
    I've never heard of that one before...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crows
    Are they talking about overboost and improperly calling it boost creep?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

And now? you still have the car?, it seems like mentioned before some cars do it some don't.. I don't know how much work is involved porting the internal waste gate but it seems to be the most cost effective solution.
    Sold the car already as it wasn't the platform for my needs.

Cobb themselves told me the stock airbox should eliminate over boosting. But not for your stated reasons.
    Although I had no difference in the frequency of my problem with the stock intake or the Cobb unit. Happened either way using all versions of their LWG/SLWG maps. So idk

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Boost would hold fine in 1st and 2nd, on the shift to 3rd or sometimes 4th I'd get a nice spike but it would settle down after a sec. <--(At times it would over boost here and I'd get a cel)

then if I stayed full throttle in 3rd or 4th boost would Slowly go a little higher and a little higher until it hit the "wall" and popped a cel. I always thought that was boost creep. If I'm wrong correct me. Perhaps I was just over boosting slowly lol
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 09-11-2013 at 04:57 PM.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.