Anyone have experience with the ARK GriP CBE?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with the ARK GriP CBE? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Now that I have confirmation a CBE is pretty much the only "engine mod" I can do to while retaining ...

Anyone have experience with the ARK GriP CBE?

Now that I have confirmation a CBE is pretty much the only "engine mod" I can do to while retaining full factory warranty, I decided I want to hang on to the warranty for now and just get a CBE, then add DP/CAI and flash to Stage 2 down the road and just do exterior work on the car until then. The exhaust that really stands out to me is the ARK GRiP CBE; I think it's the best looking and sounding exhaust for the newer Rex's out there. I also liked the GReddy SP Elite, but it seems they are no longer in production. Problem is, they are expensive, and not too many people seem to have them. I'm hoping to snag one up used or on sale if the opportunity presents itself. Anyways, does anyone on here have personal experience with this exhaust? I'm very familiar with ARK as a came from the KDM community, and ARK does offer a lot for those cars.

It's hard to find clips of people who JUST have CBE's (usually also have DP or intake, or both), so it's tough to be sure what it would sound like in my situation. It's a stretch, but maybe someone on here has it. Or, any recommendations outside of the Invidia and COBB CBE's everyone seems to have? The Invidia looks nice, but it is well documented here how it drones, and I can't stand droning; I do too much highway driving. Any help is appreciated; thanks!

P.S. - Before I get harassed, I did use search before posting this. Either this exhaust hasn't been asked about, or I suck at the internet
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've got it on my 13 wrx. Perfect loudness for me and no drone. I live 5 miles away from the company so I had them install it. Great quality piece.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zestyfoo View Post
    I've got it on my 13 wrx. Perfect loudness for me and no drone. I live 5 miles away from the company so I had them install it. Great quality piece.

No drone is the big key for me, and part of what draws me to the ARK. Even without the GRiP's Helmholtz design, the ARK DT-S catback on my buddy's tastefully modded Tiburon sounded absolutely fantastic, and no drone. They make a quality product, no doubt. Now I can only find a sale or used one..I have trouble swallowing the thought of a $1400 piece of bent aluminum! If not, I suppose I could always sell myself or something.

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

The price is up there, but it really is a fantastic piece.

Last edited by Zestyfoo; 09-06-2013 at 07:09 PM.

The Greddy Evo 3 is about the same price and its a top notch cbe.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

The Ark Grip is very interesting. i just got my WRX about 3 months ago and i have never heard of this exhaust, and im actually in the market for one right now... its 1800! but on sale right now for 1530 so idk. I was planning on getting the Perrin exhaust but this may be worth it for 350 more...

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    The Ark Grip is very interesting. i just got my WRX about 3 months ago and i have never heard of this exhaust, and im actually in the market for one right now... its 1800! but on sale right now for 1530 so idk. I was planning on getting the Perrin exhaust but this may be worth it for 350 more...
    It this for a full TBE? Or just CBE? I'm in the market and was considering nameless...there are too many dang choices and too few video clips of what they sound like!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    It this for a full TBE? Or just CBE? I'm in the market and was considering nameless...there are too many dang choices and too few video clips of what they sound like!!!
    CBE

CBE

I couldn't justify that price for a CBE...maybe with a DP, but not without.

I this the only mod you have? Could you take a video clip of it if you get a chance? I'd love to hear what it sounds liek on our cars without an aftermarket DP, intake or anything.

Subaru WRX/STI Hatchback | Polished Tip | 08-ON | 2.5L, AWD

ARK has example vids of their exhaust on their website. Looks like its only for hatches

Quote Originally Posted by BBDGriptonia View Post
    Subaru WRX/STI Hatchback | Polished Tip | 08-ON | 2.5L, AWD

ARK has example vids of their exhaust on their website. Looks like its only for hatches
    They also have sedan version.

I watched the ARK videos on their website, but it does not specify if this car ONLY has the exhaust or if it is further modded. That's why I wanted to see if Zesty had a video of his.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    I watched the ARK videos on their website, but it does not specify if this car ONLY has the exhaust or if it is further modded. That's why I wanted to see if Zesty had a video of his.
    I think the car in their videos is just the CBE. I remember asking them before I had them install the system on my car.

This thread has some info on the exhaust in question.

2012 LR WRX From South FL
    - Dave

2012 pbp WRX premium

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.