Anyone have experience with the ARK GriP CBE? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with the ARK GriP CBE? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It's down to going balls deep on the ARK or saving some money on the TurboXS. Looks like the ARK ...

It's down to going balls deep on the ARK or saving some money on the TurboXS. Looks like the ARK may be the winner though, as I don't want to try and save $400 just to have drone and want to swap it for a different exhaust anyways. I want to place an order today, so i hope it's the right choice.
    **Stink-Eye Mob Member #96**

2013 Rex Hatch Rally Blue
    Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Pics please
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Pics please
    It looks so badass.
    Subaru WRX/STI Hatchback | Polished Tip | 08-ON | 2.5L, AWD

Heard the ARK in person on a genesis.. sounded way too tame for that kind of money.
    Get an Invidia Q300, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    Heard the ARK in person on a genesis.. sounded way too tame for that kind of money.
    Get an Invidia Q300, you won't be disappointed.
    Tame is sorta what I'm going for. I don't want something obnoxious on my DD, just a bit more growl than stock, with no drone. The ARK hits all of those points, and looks like teh sex. The price is pretty ludicrous though. That's why I want to make sure it's worth it.

Crying over money spent on this car and my obsession with hi-fi/ audiophile goodies

"I would buy that car if I was the sort of person who looked at my sister and thought, mmmmmm." -Jeremy Clarkson, referencing the Ford Mustang

Check out the maddad whisper, Invidia Q300, or fujitsobo legalis-r. as well. ANY system is going to have drone with an unequal length header on the car, that's just the nature of the beast unfortunately, however my invidia has far less drone than the stock system, and if you're keeping a catted downpipe you're going to have WAY less, unless you go with something like nameless performance or an invidia n1

ARK Grip True Dual Exhaust, Techno Tip - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

The truth inside an Ark Exhaust.....Ark you have some explaining to do! - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

Different car so different system, but it doesn't inspire confidence that stuff like this comes up on a $1500 catback. Also suspect is the fact that the exhausts come with a 1 year warranty; most reputable companies I've seen offer lifetime on their catbacks. I was 95% on ordering this after work tonight; having reservations now. These are just two threads I came across; there are a few others I've found with reports of poor welds. I'd say "oh, all products have faults sometimes', except for the fact that ARK obviously doesn't believe in their quality either with a measly 1 year warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    ARK Grip True Dual Exhaust, Techno Tip - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

The truth inside an Ark Exhaust.....Ark you have some explaining to do! - Genesis Forum: GenCoupe Hyundai Genesis Forums

Different car so different system, but it doesn't inspire confidence that stuff like this comes up on a $1500 catback. Also suspect is the fact that the exhausts come with a 1 year warranty; most reputable companies I've seen offer lifetime on their catbacks. I was 95% on ordering this after work tonight; having reservations now. These are just two threads I came across; there are a few others I've found with reports of poor welds. I'd say "oh, all products have faults sometimes', except for the fact that ARK obviously doesn't believe in their quality either with a measly 1 year warranty.
    For the price tag, I truly feel that's unacceptable, man. I'm not trying to come off like an invidia fanboy, but I really, highly suggest you just go with a Q300. Here it is on my dirty car, it looks just as good as the ARk if you keep it clean. Also, FWIW, I had an ark strut bar on my old cobalt SS/SC back in the day, the weld on one side cracked, they replaced the strut bar, but it took 6 weeks because they had to "wait on a new shipment to arrive from overseas"

I like the Q300 man, and it looks damn nice with the burnt tips. The sedans don't have the drone issues from what I can tell though. The hatch on the other hand, has a ton of drone issues with the Invidia. Otherwise, It would be at the top of my list. The Perrin/COBB offerings seem to have less drone, but a higher price tag, and no sexy burnt tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Zitro View Post
    I like the Q300 man, and it looks damn nice with the burnt tips. The sedans don't have the drone issues from what I can tell though. The hatch on the other hand, has a ton of drone issues with the Invidia. Otherwise, It would be at the top of my list. The Perrin/COBB offerings seem to have less drone, but a higher price tag, and no sexy burnt tips.
    I'd highly recommend looking into the new Corsa exhaust. I really can't imagine anything having LESS drone than their system. Loud outside when you get on it and quiet inside.

It blew my mind when I first got in my car after install. I had gotten used to my SPT exhaust vibrating throughout the cabin. With the Corsa you hear the sound coming from BEHIND you where it should be.

why not go with the perrin? i have sound taste similar to yours as i stated before, but i have a sedan and am getting el headers so idk how bad they drone on the hatch..

Zitro,

I actually had the Ark GRiP exhaust on my WRX --- didn't take it off before trading in for STi...I know...I know --- and I absolutely loved it. It had a pretty awesome growl to it. There wasn't an issue with drone (though my WRX was a sedan so naturally you're not going to have nearly the amount of drone as you would a hatch due to more insulation from the sound in the sedan). I'm looking at getting an CBE system for my STi sedan now. I'm currently weighing the options of getting another Ark, the Q300, or the EVO 3.

I feel the same way about the quad burnt tip exits. They just look so effing sexy. If it wasn't for the asthetics of it, I might've gone with a Tomei (it sure does sound mean and sexy), but I'm not a fan of the single outlet exhaust when the '11 sedan is tailor made for dual on each side.

As far as price goes, if you're willing to wait, black Friday/cyber Monday deals and the Ark anniversary sale (during the summer...June I think?) will be your best friend. I paid less than $1300 shipped for the GRiP exhaust shipped from the factory, and right now I can get one for $1270 shipped from a vendor. I still haven't made my decision on that. I'm kind of also debating if I want to get wheels+summer tires (all weather tires came on the STi so I'm still rocking those).

Back to the original point, the Ark GRiP exhaust sounded dead sexy, and it fit like a well tailored suit. It sounded even better once it was broken in too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12