Possible exhaust options for TBE?

This is a discussion on Possible exhaust options for TBE? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello guys, I am a newbie to Subaru's. I just purchased an 04 WRX three months ago and i have ...

Possible exhaust options for TBE?

Hello guys, I am a newbie to Subaru's. I just purchased an 04 WRX three months ago and i have done some research but i want some clear answers on a exhaust. So I am living in Ontario, Canada and I would like to get an exhaust for performance purposes and the boxer growl So I am not quite sure which exhaust to get.

First off i would prefer a TBE to gain max HP gain, but at the same time i am worried would i be able to pass emissions in Ontario? Secondly i am interested in a exhaust like COBB. I want something that isn't too loud and it only gets really loud when i step on it. There are probably other better/cheaper exhausts then cobb so if anyone can chime in it will be perfect. I seen a youtube video of the cobb exhaust i really liked it, it wasn't extremely loud and the muffler tip wasn't enormous (that's another thing, i don't want a huge muffler tip)

So if anyone can post suggestions on an exhaust that i should get would be nice. Also i believe the TBE needs to have a high flow cat. On a side note after i install the exhaust would i need to reset the ECU or any other thing?

Lastly I am also interested in an Up pipe and down pipe. So if someone can give me suggestions on which setup will be perfect bang for the buck. (I am not looking to spend $1000 on an exhaust but if it includes everything it's an option i would consider. Also if anyone is selling a used exhaust, pm me

Thank you everyone in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    TurboXS. They sell everything you would need and it's very modular. That would definitely be $1k for a full turbo back from them though.

Or, Invidia and CNT make good downpipes. And you could get you a Cobb catback, TurboXS, Perrin, Borla, Surewin Products/JNA/Speedtech all have the "Cobb Style" muffler.

If you do a turboback exhaust, it includes replacing a downpipe. You will require a tune for this: whether it's a standard Cobb Stage 2 tune, or some other off the shelf type tune, or a protune on a dyno at a shop, you NEED a tune.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, look for used items on the forum classifieds (Nasioc has a huge classifieds section).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

x2 on what mikie said.. and when you buy and exhaust you will get what you pay for. im going to buy the perrin exhaust for my 2012 WRX and its $1200 rounded a lil up. Its loud but sounds good though IMO

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    x2 on what mikie said.. and when you buy and exhaust you will get what you pay for. im going to buy the perrin exhaust for my 2012 WRX and its $1200 rounded a lil up. Its loud but sounds good though IMO
    My cousin has the perrin on his 13 wrx. Doesn't sound loud at all! Go with something different if your looking for loud

Quote Originally Posted by wrxnguyen View Post
    My cousin has the perrin on his 13 wrx. Doesn't sound loud at all! Go with something different if your looking for loud
    My girlfriend has a perrin on her 2008 wrx and it's plenty loud. Probably a good 6-7 out of 10. And it does drone some, not terrible, and she has the sedan. It has a great sound but it's the loudest I would ever want to go when I get a TBE.

It sounds tasteful though IMO. Mine will be loud I beleive because im also getting injectors, fuel pump, perrin headers, catted dp, perrin up pipe, 3 port ebcs, cobb intake w/ box and TMIC with a different tuner/tune so Im gonna have a different tone/sound I believe. I will be happy if its not very loud. I want a sleeper!

When Spring comes, I'll probably be looking to go for a Perrin quad tip myself. I love the sound of it. Deep and mellow, but really growls when you get on it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

It sounds tasteful though IMO. Mine will be loud I beleive because im also getting injectors, fuel pump, perrin headers, catted dp, perrin up pipe, 3 port ebcs, cobb intake w/ box and TMIC with a different tuner/tune so Im gonna have a different tone/sound I believe. I will be happy if its not very loud. I want a sleeper!
    Well in that case it'll definitely sound nice! My cousin is running everything else stock

Well in that case it'll definitely sound nice! My cousin is running everything else stock
    I figured that, and mikie, thats exactly what i mean. its mellow and nice on idle but when the turbo spools it breaths and sounds great haha