New Turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New Turbo within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK so listed below is what I currently have under the hood for Mods. I am wanting to get rid ...

New Turbo

OK so listed below is what I currently have under the hood for Mods. I am wanting to get rid of the turbo and get another one since I am on the second one now which I had to send back to get rebuilt. I am going to still keep the stock internals for now and yes I know I should have upgraded them by now... maybe if I had a rich daddy or the Army didn't pay me like crap I would have lol. But if someone could let me know what would be good turbo for now to get and that will still be able to handle the power once I do upgrade the internals I would appreciate it.

Perrin Stealth FMIC, FP Green HTA Turbo, Walboro Fuel Pump, 850 CC Injectors, TGV Delete, APS Turbo Inlet Hose, K&N Ram Air Intake, Perrin Equal Length Header, Perrin 3" Turbo Back Exhaust, COBB Access Port Tuner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would go rotated, GTX3071.. but that's probably not what you're wanting to hear.

I Support ClubWRX
    Absolutely go rotated
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yea I was thinking of going rotated anyways. I know the set up will be a pain in the ass especially since I am going to do it myself and all and then go get it tuned. Not looking to get the top grade anything right now just something good till I can do all internals and then twin turbo the bad boy.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to change internals now rather than pay for a rotated setup that may later dictate new internals anyway though? I'm just wondering.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by briggzy954 View Post
    Yea I was thinking of going rotated anyways. I know the set up will be a pain in the ass especially since I am going to do it myself and all and then go get it tuned. Not looking to get the top grade anything right now just something good till I can do all internals and then twin turbo the bad boy.

Not sure what you mean by the setup being a "pain in the ass".. one of the biggest reasons to rotate it is to make everything easier to work on. The stock setup is a pain in the ass, rotated is much better in that respect.

And why in the world would you want to twin turbo? That just makes no sense.

Yea you are right but with everything I am looking at as far as internals and turbo is like 5 to 6 grand easy. I aint blowing all my money on that and then the labor which I would have to pay for to get it rebuilt and tuned looking at around 8 to 9 grand maybe more. E-5 pay in the Army aint enough money for that crap, well maybe if I deployed again I would be good but ill avoid that for the time being.

I Support ClubWRX
    So what is the budget, all said?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

wouldnt he want to go with bigger injectors with a bigger turbo? like ID1000s that were strongly recommended to me on my 2012 and are cheap IMO? or would those not work well with his turbo?
    Last edited by kdeitrich; 09-04-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    wouldnt he want to go with bigger injectors with a bigger turbo? like ID1000s that were strongly recommended to me on my 2012 and are cheap IMO? or would those not work well with his turbo?
    Depends on what turbo he's going to get...or whether or not he wants to upgrade to bigger injectors or not should dictate that...or what his tuner prefers to tune with perhaps? Only the OP could answer that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post

IF he went with a bigger turbo.. I wasn't sure if he was asking about getting a bigger turbo. The GTX3071r I recommended flows around the same as the HTA Green he's been running on his current 850cc injectors, so he wouldn't necessarily need "bigger" injectors for that turbo..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.