My thoughts on Stage 2 with COBB intake
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My thoughts on Stage 2 with COBB intake within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have been running stage 2 with an invidia catless DP and SPT catback on a TP stage 2 map ...

My thoughts on Stage 2 with COBB intake

I have been running stage 2 with an invidia catless DP and SPT catback on a TP stage 2 map for a few months and definetly had great results.
    Yesterday i bought a cobb intake and airbox for the low price of $165 (used of course) and slapped it on, switched maps, datalogged, and had Eric tweak the map for me and i felt nothing on the butt dyno.

Yes i know all the stock box users will chime in saying i told you so and blah blah, just save it please. For the price i paid i saw no reason to not give it a shot.

I live in TX and it has been mid 90's the past week. I am seeing about 114 degree intake temps at wot going about 70+ MPH (this is mid day, at night i would expect them to be in the high 90's). There was not really any changes in that department between the 2 intakes.

Turbo spool sound is pretty loud but i dont care wheather its there or not.

I am not complaining here or saying 1 intake is better than another, i am just sharing my personal experience.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yea the intake has minimal gains at your power, but they do sound good. I want one myself, but I need to get the TBE before the intake. I'm dying to go to stage 2.

How does stage 1 vs stage 2 vs stock feel? Do you like the SPT exhaust? How's the sound? Does it drone? Hatch or sedan?

Those are the thoughts I want to know

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Yea the intake has minimal gains at your power, but they do sound good. I want one myself, but I need to get the TBE before the intake. I'm dying to go to stage 2.

How does stage 1 vs stage 2 vs stock feel? Do you like the SPT exhaust? How's the sound? Does it drone? Hatch or sedan?

Those are the thoughts I want to know
    I skipped stage 1 so cant answer that one.

I have a sedan and the spt does drone. It sounds pretty good but imo its not worth the price unless u can get it for sub 400. At the end of the day its still a 2.5 inch cat back and i could see it being a restriction later down the road if you are seeking bigger numbers.

It came on my car and i plan on replacing it with an invidia n1 race sometime i just dont see any point in spending money now for no gains.

Well the N1 would be much louder than the spt. I don't think the 2.5in would restrict you, you've got the 3in down pipe.

Did you ever run the Cobb maps or have any issues with them?

Quote Originally Posted by tesla317 View Post
    Well the N1 would be much louder than the spt. I don't think the 2.5in would restrict you, you've got the 3in down pipe.

Did you ever run the Cobb maps or have any issues with them?
    I did run the cobb stage 2 map for the stock airbox without issues but i did feel a difference in the powerband and pull with erics map.

And loud exhaust is exactly what i want along with an EL header.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.