Just got turboback exhaust, thoughts - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Just got turboback exhaust, thoughts within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Rambo **Brief OT segway** About 10 years ago, I did get to watch one. We sat on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    **Brief OT segway**

About 10 years ago, I did get to watch one. We sat on a beach across from Cape Canaveral about 3 miles across the bay. When the engines ignited, a low hum spread across the bay, gradually rising to a loud, rolling roar. The wind picked up, waves started cresting, and we could feel the rising heat as the shuttle lifted. As the point of light broke into our field of view, my spine tingled as I heard the snaps and pops of the booster engines. I watched the shuttle perform the mid-launch roll, and the contrails and smoke clouds formed a huge spiral in the sky that sparkled magnificently against the setting Florida sun. We could still clearly see the shuttle point when the radio announced the shuttle was over NYC.

It was easily the most awe-inspiring man-made event I've ever witnessed.

**End of OT segway**
    That's definitely on my list of things to do...

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    hah, I actually have the "street" N1, and it's still really loud. I do like it though. We'll see how long that lasts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dez, you are silly. No way an N1 would be only a 5. You must need a cochlear implant or something.

My old Helix CBE with Invidia catless setup on my 07 STI was reaaally loud. Probably an 8 out of 10.

I've also heard a Blitz Nur-Spec with catless setup, and that would probably be a 9.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Saddest part of all this - I don't have a Stage 2 tune yet (AccessPort is being fixed by cobb), so I have to drive like a grandma until I can get that flashed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12