The black hole that is my bugeye
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The black hole that is my bugeye within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So.....palms face.....Got a defi bf series boost gauge with the controller.........got it from andrewtech they had one lying around with ...

The black hole that is my bugeye

So.....palms face.....Got a defi bf series boost gauge with the controller.........got it from andrewtech they had one lying around with all the goods to go with it.......electrically its hooked up fine i soldered the wires at the clock.....it lights up sweeps and does all that good ****........but i got no boost reading......theres a red light on all the time that blinks not sure if normal.....and the controller doesnt light up which i would assume it should but i dont know......... I got it on a hook up so returning it wont be an issue.....i just need help..... i have the boost gauge hooked into the part that says meter not boost on the controller which i thought was weird......anyway you know i was thinking about putting in the word "stop" where the dots are like an old telegram.....oh i t'd it off at the bpv where it attaches to the intercooler.......i need an adult!!!!!!!!!!!
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not positive how the Defi BF series works to be honest with you. But all gauges work on the same basics.

T off the bpv hose like you do, and that vacuum line should go to the sender. Then the sender should now have wires that go to the controller. Then the controller has wires that go to the Boost Gauge itself. So lets think of where the possible weak points for connections are if you're positive that they are hooked up correctly...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobaru03 View Post
    anyway you know i was thinking about putting in the word "stop" where the dots are like an old telegram.....
    lolwut?

Your post is borderline unintelligible, but as Mikie said, I'd check all of your sender wiring from the sensor itself, through the controller, up to the gauge display. Check all of your connections according to Defi's wiring schematic:

The boost gauge is supposed to be plugged into one of the two "meter output" ports on the controller, so that's good. The ADVANCE controller is used for a wide variety of Defi gauges, not just boost, so "meter" is an appropriate description.

The boost sender should be plugged into the "turbo/in-MF Press" port on the ADVANCE controller, and the controller remote should be plugged into the "switch" port.

If all of those are correct, then I'd look at the connectors and wiring themselves. You may have a short somewhere.

Check out the ADVANCE controller manual here: http://www.defi-shop.com/media/acu_manual_1112-1_e.pdf
    Last edited by Rambo; 08-21-2013 at 10:18 AM.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.