Nameless performance exhaust
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Nameless performance exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can't decide on which one to get I definitely want the car louder but at the same time I don't ...

Nameless performance exhaust

Can't decide on which one to get I definitely want the car louder but at the same time I don't want it to be obnoxious to talk to other people in the car.... So I know I don't want the muffler deletes so my choice is between the 4 or 5" mufflers anyone notice a huge difference between the two, or have personal experiences they'd like to share about if you were happy you went with the 4inch or if you should have gone with the 5 inch??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Have you considered the Spt catback? I have one, and I love the sound. It isn't loud, but you can definitely hear it.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    Have you considered the Spt catback? I have one, and I love the sound. It isn't loud, but you can definitely hear it.
    I have but I think it may be to quiet for my taste was looking at either the Nameless or maybe the q300 I hate deciding lol someone should just buy it with my credit card and say here to bad if you don't like it!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam91 View Post
    I have but I think it may be to quiet for my taste was looking at either the Nameless or maybe the q300 I hate deciding lol someone should just buy it with my credit card and say here to bad if you don't like it!
    Post up your cc number. I'll take care of it for you.

I have an N1 cat back which I love. The nameless gives it a nice sound but does not disturb the inside of the car. The q300 seems to be quiet in comparison to the Nameless. I suggest the nameless. I will get you one with your cc if you post it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Go with nameless. I haven't heard the 4" or 5" mufflers since I have the muffler delete. I would say go with the 4" muffler catback.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Post up your cc number. I'll take care of it for you.
    I feel that's a solid idea

they have so many options it seems hard to decide
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I actually really like the sound of the Nameless with 5in mufflers.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I actually really like the sound of the Nameless with 5in mufflers.
    ...says the guy whose previous car had an exhaust he got for cheap from a Pumpkin Chunkin contestant.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I was wondering about this too, I'm looking into an exhaust. But I want it to be loud, and still have that growl of the boxer engine. A buisness told me magnaflow sport cat back? Is that a good sounding one, or can you guys give me some exhausts to YouTube!

I'm really liking the nameless exhausts though!
    Last edited by Brittxo; 08-15-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittxo View Post
    I was wondering about this too, I'm looking into an exhaust. But I want it to be loud, and still have that growl of the boxer engine. A buisness told me magnaflow sport cat back? Is that a good sounding one, or can you guys give me some exhausts to YouTube!

I'm really liking the nameless exhausts though!
    All you have to do is search Youtube. It's not the best idea cause you don't know exactly what an exhaust sounds like, but you get the idea. Best is to hear some in person. Magnaflow is going to be really loud. As opposed to "good sounding one" that is purely subjective to what you want to hear. Keep in mind that exhausts on hatchbacks are going to drone a lot more due to the larger interior volume of the cabin. Q300 is a popular one...but drones on a hatch. Sounds excellent on a sedan though. Perrin quad tip exhaust sounds awesome.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    All you have to do is search Youtube. It's not the best idea cause you don't know exactly what an exhaust sounds like, but you get the idea. Best is to hear some in person. Magnaflow is going to be really loud. As opposed to "good sounding one" that is purely subjective to what you want to hear. Keep in mind that exhausts on hatchbacks are going to drone a lot more due to the larger interior volume of the cabin. Q300 is a popular one...but drones on a hatch. Sounds excellent on a sedan though. Perrin quad tip exhaust sounds awesome.
    Yeah I think I am going to go with the magnaflow exhaust, cause it will be easier down the road when I make other mods to my car. I really liked the Perrin exhaust, sounds awesome! But a little pricey lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brittxo View Post
    Yeah I think I am going to go with the magnaflow exhaust, cause it will be easier down the road when I make other mods to my car. I really liked the Perrin exhaust, sounds awesome! But a little pricey lol
    Can't beat it for the price...I'd think it's going to be annoying after awhile. Sounds really tin-can sounding to me. Enjoy!

How loud would a nameless with muffler deletes be compared to the perrin exhaust? For 2010 sedan.

I'm also looking into nameless, and don't know how I want it built. My gf has the perrin, which sounds good but it is just a hair too loud and drones a little inside, both hers and mine are 08-10 sedans.

Idk how greatly the resonator, and 4in vs 5in mufflers will affect the sound and loudness. YouTube helps a little but not enough. As long as I'm no louder, preferably a little quieter, than the perrin I will be happy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.