Torque Performance Review?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Torque Performance Review? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm going stage 2 next week and I am looking for a more aggressive tune than cobb. Anyone have the ...

Torque Performance Review?

I'm going stage 2 next week and I am looking for a more aggressive tune than cobb. Anyone have the stage 2 map and can give me some input? Seems to be a great deal and after speaking to him on the phone he seems like a cool dude to work with. $85 seems to be a great deal until I have the cash flow to get a dyno Protune. Any input is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Why are you looking for a more aggressive map than Cobb when you haven't even flashed it, yet?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Just from what I've read. I'm gonna flash and log it and see if there is any room for improvement. I was just curious how Torque Performance was as a second option if I wanted to get more out of my car until I can get protuned.

I had cobb and got a TP tune and never looked back!!!
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

Then I got EL headers and he did me a tune for them and mann!!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV View Post
    Just from what I've read. I'm gonna flash and log it and see if there is any room for improvement. I was just curious how Torque Performance was as a second option if I wanted to get more out of my car until I can get protuned.

I may be wrong, but I don't think that's really what he does. It's more of a base map flash, then see if he needs to dial it back..

No. The base map he sends didn't really give me alot of power. The base map is like cobbs ots map. It's a SAFE map, then he makes adjustments.

I've been using Eric's stage 2 tune for about 2 weeks now, and all I can say is what a difference it makes! I haven't had the opportunity to try out a Cobb stage 2 map, but I can say that Eric is about as good as it gets when fine tuning your "OTS" map. He's extremely reliable and very quick to respond to emails. I would definitely recommend his services.

so he sends a base map, like cobb's map, and then fine tunes it. It is just slightly more aggressive?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveSAV
    so he sends a base map, like cobb's map, and then fine tunes it. It is just slightly more aggressive?
    Based on logs I've seen, I wouldn't say it's "slightly" more aggressive.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    I have had cobbs stg2,TP stg2, and now TP stg3. I can tell you Eric's stg2 map is a more aggressive tune it's not night and day from cobb. He does somehow " squeeze" more out of the car with his map. Have you looked into his stg3 map? If you are planing on upgrading your IC or going beyond a stg2. I would suggest save your 85$ use cobbs stg2 map. Then when you have the required parts and money ready then go stg3 from TP. You will spool quicker and he turns up the boost.

He told me that if I ever wanted to go stage 3 after buying His stage 2 it would only cost me a couple extra doll hairs.

His after sale support leaves nothing to complain. My car was tuned TP stage 3 with the former owner and I contacted Eric. He checks over and fine tunes that and I have a hard time to be allowed to pay him anything. It's almost weird... He is definitely a very good choice, only limited to 3rd gen, but I would not hesitate to go with TP.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

I went with Eric all the way to stage 3+, before getting a pro-tune. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

I was very happy with his services, he was very easy to talk to and ask questions of, and he was always very prompt to answer my questions as well - the only issue was the time zone differences (and I'm a morning person and I think he's an evening person). If I was staying at Stage 2, I would use TP and never look back - it was noticeably better than the Cobb tune once he modified it. But I went TP stage 3+ (because RACECAR), so I felt a pro-tune was in order.

Of note, my pro-tune gave me about 15 more HP and 30 more TQ than eric's map, but it was all later on in the rev range where I barely ever go. Erics map actually spooled faster than the pro-tune, and was identical in power up to about 4500 rpms. It even felt faster via the butt-dyno in a lot of ways, but the pro-tune felt much more linear in its power delivery to me, and the track times (because RACECAR) were faster with the pro-tune but a little bit.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

Thanks for the reviews everyone! I'm gonna flash Cobb stage 2 and see how it is. I know I will crave more haha. Could you tell a big difference between cobb's map and his?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.