WRX modifications <1000$
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX modifications <1000$ within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, so I have a 2013 wrx and I am looking to get some extra power out of it. ...

WRX modifications <1000$

Hi guys, so I have a 2013 wrx and I am looking to get some extra power out of it. Besides buying an accessport, or going with an opensource tune or pro tune, what can I do to get the most power out of my car? Right now its completely stock, and my tuning budget to less than a grand at the moment. What do you all suggest I do for an optimum increase in output with my restricted budget? Intake, exhaust, etc? Thanks for the help!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

access port is less than $1000

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    you cant really get power or add power modifications without a tune.. i know you said "besides an AP, opensource, etc" but thats not really an option. so in that case:

accessport and a used downpipe or full turboback exhaust should be under $1000

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post

^^^That. Stage 2 (downpipe and a tune) would yield you the most bang for your buck. If you go used DP and opensource tune you could do that for way less than $1,000. If you get the AP it will be a little more expensive, but still under a grand. Anything much higher than stage 2 tune begins to get up over your budget for significant gains. The intake won't do you much good at this point other than make your engine have that "whooshing" sound. These have to be tuned for as well. Not cheap for not much more power (at stock stage anyway).

you cant really get power or add power modifications without a tune.. i know you said "besides an AP, opensource, etc" but thats not really an option. so in that case:

+1
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

So would it harm the car if I got the intake and no tune?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DevonDisaster View Post

That is not a recommended action. A lot of intakes are advertised as being able to be bolted on with no tune, but that is not the safest thing to do. You won't have any way of monitoring what is going on and if it is running safely or not.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Most likely..

You said no AP or OS tune.. what about ECUTek? Like other's said, you can't get any power without tuning. Just a tune by itself would provide a significant increase in power and drivability. You can't increase power without a tune, but you can improve acceleration and handling at the same time be doing weight reduction.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Maybe, maybe not. But without engine management you won't know. Furthermore, what would be the point?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Most likely..

You said no AP or OS tune.. what about ECUTek? Like other's said, you can't get any power without tuning. Just a tune by itself would provide a significant increase in power and drivability. You can't increase power without a tune, but you can improve acceleration and handling at the same time be doing weight reduction.
    I did the weight reduction on my current miata and it kinda made it uncomfortable to drive :/ so would I be able to wait once I have my turbo back exhaust and the intake than get the tune? Or should I just get the parts and wait to put them on till I have money for the tune?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Devon, please create a separate thread with your questions. We don't want to derail from the OP

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

CNT racing downpipe(catless)- $200
    Tactrix cable
    Torquedperformance stage 2 tune

Right around $500

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Devon, please create a separate thread with your questions. We don't want to derail from the OP
    You're right, I'm sorry

So I need a tune above everything else to get started right? Awesome, its just that I was trying not to buy an AP cuz i felt i could buy so much more with the money I save from not buying one. I am not too interested in opensource because I am not too computer savvy and I don't wanna end up with an expensive fix. So I guess I need an AP. Thanks for the help folks really cleared things up!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx>> View Post
    So I need a tune above everything else to get started right? Awesome, its just that I was trying not to buy an AP cuz i felt i could buy so much more with the money I save from not buying one. I am not too interested in opensource because I am not too computer savvy and I don't wanna end up with an expensive fix. So I guess I need an AP. Thanks for the help folks really cleared things up!
    I think u need more then just an ap though. I think u need to pair that ap with intake or dp

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.