New WRX owner!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New WRX owner! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Guys! Im new to the wrx community and to the car. Its a blast to drive, trading my 2011 ...

Smile New WRX owner!

Hey Guys!
    Im new to the wrx community and to the car. Its a blast to drive, trading my 2011 Camaro LT in for one.I just had a couple questions in regards to mods. So im reading not to do an intake and to get the car tuned. My questions are:
    whats the stage 1 tune vs the stage 2 tune?
    Are there alot of common problems with the car after doing the tune?
    whats the best things to change out to get about 275 awhp? without a bigger turbo and all the expensive stuff.
    Ive been reading quite a bit, but still havent found all the answers. thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

St. Louis Metro East, on the Illinois side, but not the really bad Illinois side, but also not the really good side.
    Intake: They are difficult to tune. You either have to get a wideband 02 sensor and have your e-tuner tune it, or you have to get a pro tune. Some people have luck with cobb's intake with a cobb access port tune.

Stage 1 vs Stage 2: You need a down pipe for a stage 2 tune. A stage one tune is more or less a better than stock tune. You don't need any bolt on modifications.

What made you switch from the Camaro beast to a WRX?

i believe youll get over that power with a stage 2 setup on the newer gen wrx's.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    i believe youll get over that power with a stage 2 setup on the newer gen wrx's.
    Depending on the dyno, definitely. I think I've seen some people even touch 300 whp with a stage 2 protune. I might be misremembering that, but 275 is definitely doable. Shoot, a lot of 3rd gens are showing around 245 to the wheels stock on some dynos.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I live up North in Massachusetts. I had 2 cars one winter beater and the camaro. I could no longer afford 2 cars as my beater is done for and the camaro isnt really a practical daily driver. I put my choices down to the 13 wrx or the 13 silverado. Im young and am looking for the performance. But thanks guys. Has their been problems with cobb tune?

Quote Originally Posted by corey2013wrx View Post
    I live up North in Massachusetts. I had 2 cars one winter beater and the camaro. I could no longer afford 2 cars as my beater is done for and the camaro isnt really a practical daily driver. I put my choices down to the 13 wrx or the 13 silverado. Im young and am looking for the performance. But thanks guys. Has their been problems with cobb tune?
    Generally, no. However, some folks find that when they go and datalog their car isn't quite as happy as it could be. It's a generic map, one size fits all, so of course different cars will be a little different. That being said, stage 1 is pretty safe.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Congrats on the purchase. Plan on doing any appearance mods to it?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.