After reading the intake faq

This is a discussion on After reading the intake faq within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am not tuner savvy nor am I engine savvy my last vehicle was the truck I had from highschool. ...

After reading the intake faq

I am not tuner savvy nor am I engine savvy my last vehicle was the truck I had from highschool. After reading the intake faq I'm a bit confused if I was to put a CAI on my subaru will I have to change all of that change all the MAF mapping in the ecu? And if so (another stupid question) will the cobb access port do that for me? Like I saIid I am an extream noob when it comes to tuners and engine mods. Any tips and knowledge will be much appreciated.
    2013Dark Grey WRX Stock for now =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The answer to the first question is maybe. It depends on the specific intake. Ask the manufacturer directly.

The answer to the second question is maybe. It depends on the specific intake. Read the map notes and parts lists supplied by the manufacturer, Cobb have them on their site. If they do not support an intake you cannot use that intake and their mapping product.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Ask the manufacturer directly.

AFIK practically every manufacturer says no need to tune, whether that is in fact the case or not..

Cobb only offers OTS maps for Cobb and AEM intakes, so if you wanted to get something else you would need a custom tune.. which isn't a bad idea when changing the intake anyways.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I know if the diameter of the intake is different re-scaling the MAF is needed. I'm not sure if pipe length or shape has anything to do with it though. Hopefully "EJ257" or a resident tuner can chime in.

The Cobb OTS maps will only support the Cobb SF intake and the AEM intake. Read the map notes to find out.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man
    I'm not sure if pipe length or shape has anything to do with it though.
    Physical design of the intake will affect scaling.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC