Need some input/ advice.

This is a discussion on Need some input/ advice. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i've been thinking and thinking and have no idea what do to so i figured I would ask. Right ...

Need some input/ advice.

So i've been thinking and thinking and have no idea what do to so i figured I would ask. Right now i have a 2013 wrx hatch and i want more power. I am stage 2 torqued performance with an intake, Turbo back, coil overs, front and rear sways, wider wheels. So basically is the tranny good for 400whp? I don't launch so i don't have that stress but that is my power goal. I know the clutch will probably give once i get in the mid 300 whp. If i can't really make progress with it i may just trade in for an STI since i can move all my mods over. I've talked to some people and they run 400 + whp on even older WRX trannys and seemed fine with no launches but I just want to be sure.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All the reassuring posts in the world won't put your gearbox back together if it lets go at X HP, whatever X happens to be. People drive around with lots of power on older cars every day. People also blow up their gearboxes though. The most accurate way to find out is to see what happens.

If it were me, I'd worry just as much about high-gear, high-torque throttle roll-ons as launches. Although they won't have the same jarring and smashing effects on the gears the torque is still there, if not more so.

One way to find out...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

lol thats why i'm considering just buying an STI i don't want to take other peoples claims i want some actual experience. And the whole one way to find out isn't exactly what i want to do either.

I mean, at a certain point even the STI transmission will have issues. It will handle the stress better, but it isn't going to solve your issue. You will always want more power, so either way you are going to want/have to build the transmission. In the long run it will be better anyway. You'll have to worry less and will make for a better car. That is just my 2 at least.
    '11 WRX DGM

well yeah i understand that i cant throw 600 whp through a sti tranny and be like oh I'm fine. I'm sure ill be content with 400 so i just kinda wanna have some piece of mind that i can build it beyond stage two possibly a 20 g.

I Support ClubWRX
    I do not feel the peace of mind you seek is realistic.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Just one question...Have you ever driven a 400+ WHP build out turbo charged vehicle with an aftermarket clutch? They are not exactly the most friendly daily drivers anymore at that point (yes I know there are exceptions, but for the most part they are not).

I have not, but i don't plan on daily driving this much longer.