Aftermarket Exhaust! 2008+ wrx

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Exhaust! 2008+ wrx within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im about to go stage 2 on my 2012 wrx, so im in the market for a CBE. I like ...

Aftermarket Exhaust! 2008+ wrx

im about to go stage 2 on my 2012 wrx, so im in the market for a CBE. I like the COBB exhaust but it is quite pricey compared to others... I like the cobb exhaust because of the more aggressive sound compared to an invidia, but i dont see many people on here with the cobb exhaust. Is there a reason why?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can speculate based on the facts why the q300 seems more popular than the cobb, but ultimately youll have to make your own choice based on the facts. Id look around on google for forums before purchasing because there are folks who have compared both.

Cobb
    - 2.5" neck, good if you never will upgrade to a full 3" dp. You always can get adapters, however they are prone to leaks. Some have complained of leaking.
    - people report its louder than the q300
    - its more expensive than the q300

Q300
    - 3" ( you would have a full 3" exhaust w/ 3" dp.
    - people report the hatch drones, but the sedan does not.
    - cheaper than cobb

There is probably more, but i feel any more info would begin to be subjective.
    2011 wrx sedan DGM

-35% window tint
    -Torqued performance stage 1 (using tactrix)
    -Continental DSW tires

I Support ClubWRX
    It's more money because its Cobb and people suck on the teet of Cobb like he is a god to subarus for making a crappy engine management system for the Subaru, his springs suck, his sway bars suck, his tunes suck..

The only thing he has going for him is that he was smart and hired the people who developed rom raider so that the open source community then took a poop and Cobb survived.

His exhaust is 2.5" at the downpipe flange for people who want to go stage 2 but keep stock exhaust, so he designed his cat back the same way, to only correctly bolt to HIS A/M downpipe or the stock downpipe for people only going with a cat back exhaust.

Invidia is a great product, made in Japan with very good quality materials.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

ok thanks for the responses guys, changes my thoughts a little bit. I just like a more aggressive sounding exhaust and not as throaty as the invidia seems to be. I definitely want a quad tip exhaust no doubt. This car is my daily driver so i just want to make sure i make the right decision, What about the svt exhaust? or nameless? I have a sedan btw

Go with Invidia. i have a full 3" Invidia turboback, catted downpipe and Q300 catback. it is a little on the quiet side but for a daily driver its perfect. fit and finish are outstanding and its cheaper than cobbs stuff

also perrin makes a quad tipped catback thats pretty loud im told, so does greddy, and nameless performance. if you want to be on the obnoxious side of loud
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 07-08-2013 at 12:33 PM.
    2013 wrx sedan-SOLD(awaiting 2015/16 Mustang)

2005 Mustang GT
    Racecar! Borla Stingers, Pypes x-pipe, Airaid Intake, FR Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri-Ax
    Previous faist cars: '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    Go with Invidia. i have a full 3" Invidia turboback, catted downpipe and Q300 catback. it is a little on the quiet side but for a daily driver its perfect. fit and finish are outstanding and its cheaper than cobbs stuff

also perrin makes a quad tipped catback thats pretty loud im told, so does greddy, and nameless performance. if you want to be on the obnoxious side of loud
    ok, thanks for the replies