What to do next?

This is a discussion on What to do next? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Currently on my 2011 STi sedan I have cobb OTS stage2+ with a COBB sf intake + airbox, Invidia High-flow ...

What to do next?

Currently on my 2011 STi sedan I have cobb OTS stage2+ with a COBB sf intake + airbox, Invidia High-flow catted DP, and nameless perfomance axleback. My turbo seals (im pretty sure) just blew and I wanted to also upgrade and do some mod's while I repair it. I was possibly thinking fuel pump, injectors and an aftermarket turbo (don't know much at all about anyting further then the stage 2 so please help) and obviously a ProTune from somewhere (possibly EFI logistics if I can afford it).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Maybe set a power goal and/or budget first? Power goal could definitely help you with narrowing down turbo choices.

So I want it to be decently reliable still. Like I MAY need to bring it on 2-4 hour car rides. I'd say around 400-500 crank hp. Budget is really not the deciding factor. The STi is my second car so It's going to be sitting in the garage as I get my paychecks and order the parts until all parts are received and it's ready to be tuned. I want quality parts and not cheap stuff. So if it costs a little more I'll wait for the next paycheck to get it.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Make sure you balance power mods with suspension/brake/supporting mods so you can avoid crashing your juiced up Subie! I know it's an STi, but it still doesn't come properly prepared to handle that kind of power from the factory.

EDIT: Back to the origional question, with a turbo upgrade pushing those numbers, be prepared to upgrade your intercooler, injectors, and fuel pump FOR SURE. Also, look into Blouch Turbos.
    Last edited by Subaru-Mopar-Luv; 07-06-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Quote Originally Posted by Subaru-Mopar-Luv View Post
    Make sure you balance power mods with suspension/brake/supporting mods so you can avoid crashing your juiced up Subie! I know it's an STi, but it still doesn't come properly prepared to handle that kind of power from the factory.

EDIT: Back to the origional question, with a turbo upgrade pushing those numbers, be prepared to upgrade your intercooler, injectors, and fuel pump FOR SURE. Also, look into Blouch Turbos.
    I'm well aware of those other aspects! haha I'm not someone who jus wants to make 1k hp and be the fastest car on the road. I want the supporting mods to be able to support a bit more then the actually are, just so they aren't working to full potential, in hope they will last slightly longer. As far as brakes go, I currently have drilled rotors and upgraded pads, I will soon be getting stainless steel lines, and a new master cylinder to really make the brakes come alive. As far as suspension goes, I know I will be going with whiteline sways and endlinks, but still need to decide on struts/springs because I don't want the car much lower then it is stock.. and I honestly haven't looked into that just yet.

Bils/GT Worx?!?!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MercRising
    Bils/GT Worx?!?!
    Not applicable for the STI
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ballz!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MercRising
    Ballz!
    RCE had discussed getting something going for the STI fitment, but it died. I wish they had, because the '05+ is pretty much limited to Feal revalves, Tokico D-Specs (rear only), or coilovers.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC