Need to take turbo off

This is a discussion on Need to take turbo off within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I need to take my turbo off this weekend. I need to take off the TMIC, then the heat ...

Need to take turbo off

So I need to take my turbo off this weekend. I need to take off the TMIC, then the heat shield, then I unbolt the turbo to downpipe, but my questions begin here. Will I need to unbolt the entire downpipe nd drop it out from under the car to get the turbo unbolted from the up pipe? Also, what else is holding the Turbo on besides Uppipe bolts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes remove the down pipe .it bolts directly to the turbine side of the turbo and will be in your way . Then there's 3 bolts/nuts on the bottom side on the up pipe. Then there's the inlet which is just a hose clamp holding it on . And there's the oil and water lines as well . good luck

Quote Originally Posted by v6mx6ls36 View Post
    Yes remove the down pipe .it bolts directly to the turbine side of the turbo and will be in your way . Then there's 3 bolts/nuts on the bottom side on the up pipe. Then there's the inlet which is just a hose clamp holding it on . And there's the oil and water lines as well . good luck
    Uh-Oh, water and oil lines sound scary! Will they leak when I pull them off? This isn't a big deal I can clamp them or plug them with a screw/bolt. I'm more worried about the reoivar being at the same amount as before some dripped out, or is this just coolant and the engine oil? Sorry for the noob questions.

You will leak out some water but not alot . The oil will drip but very minimal. Don't get over worried . It's an easy job to do . The hardest thing about it is getting the car up in the air to take the down pipe off .

Well, it's in my garage and I stuck an AC unit in the window this morning so when i get home later its hopefully a little cooler. I'm going to jack it up nice and high and put it on jack stands, it's not moving from the garage for atleast a month.