2012 wrx Warranty!

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx Warranty! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just recently bought a 2012 wrx used w/ 28xxx miles on it and am wondering if i got a ...

2012 wrx Warranty!

I just recently bought a 2012 wrx used w/ 28xxx miles on it and am wondering if i got a setup like:
    -Invidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust
    -Invidia Catless downpipe
    -AEM Intake
    -Cobb Access Port
    -Custom Tune
    would that void the warranty? i dont know much about what does/ doesn't void the warranty so if anybody could help me here it would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The Warranty cannot be voided by law. What can happen is the dealer denies warranty based claims. And this can very well happen with the mods you listed if something were to go wrong with the car. That being said you have just 8k miles to go before your factory warranty is up unless the car came with an extended warranty from SOA.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

ok thanks

HAHAHAHAHAHA what is this warranty that you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA what is this warranty that you speak of?
    HAHA! since this is so funny. ive heard cobb products dont cause warranty claim issues? is this true or is it a rumor?
    my warranty is full powertrain to 90,000 miles

I may just go with the cobb accesport, custom tune, and catless down pipe. not in that order of course. would this be a better route to go? if any..

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    honestly at the end of the day, if your warranty is very important to you- i would suggest leaving the car stock.

there has been debate on whether or not dealers can detect if the ECU has been flashed with an accessport. some people say they can, some people say they cant. if its a chance you are willing to take- go for it but just make sure you are fully aware that if something goes wrong you are risking a claim being denied.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Honestly, it really depends on the dealer and who you talk to. I had a Cobb AP, custom tune, intake, catback installed...had warranty work done a couple times. The best thing to do is schedule warranty work through SOA and have them talk to the dealer for you first. That's what I did. I also had a good faith warranty job performed AFTER my warranty had just expired. (all 4 injectors replaced) I didn't pay a penny. Is it risky, yes...is it worth it...probably. Enjoy your car! The most important thing is to get a qualified tuner and a reliable tune. Don't go throwing in a bunch of aftermarket parts without a good tune immediately afterwards. (especially when it comes to a DP install)

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The Warranty cannot be voided by law. What can happen is the dealer denies warranty based claims. And this can very well happen with the mods you listed if something were to go wrong with the car. That being said you have just 8k miles to go before your factory warranty is up unless the car came with an extended warranty from SOA.
    Isn't the powertrain warranty 5yr/60k miles on these cars? So he would have quite a bit more to go if he wants to be worry free for the whole time. I thought 3yr/36k miles was for everything else.

well like i said i bought it used, not from subaru though. It was at a hyundai dealership, i doubt that changes anything but i think id be good with a dp and i think im going to get it tuned by precision tuning. they have been recommended to me by some people. and the cobb accessport so i can make sure shes running good so nothing happens..

I Support ClubWRX
    I think we can simplify.

At the end of the day if something goes wrong and your warranty claim is denied you will be paying the bill. That's really what it boils down to.

If you maintain the car according to schedule and use authentic parts you are meeting your side of the warranty agreement. If you don't, you aren't.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ya thats what i thought, thanks. Im going to stay on top of maintenance too, im a mechanic so i know what im doing with that sort of stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I think we can simplify.

At the end of the day if something goes wrong and your warranty claim is denied you will be paying the bill. That's really what it boils down to.

If you maintain the car according to schedule and use authentic parts you are meeting your side of the warranty agreement. If you don't, you aren't.