EBCS and downpipe questions
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on EBCS and downpipe questions within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i just had a couple questions about what i should and shouldnt do. i just purchased a invida catless ...

EBCS and downpipe questions

so i just had a couple questions about what i should and shouldnt do. i just purchased a invida catless downpipe and a grimmspeed 3 port ebcs. now i know that i shouldnt run the ebcs or the downpipe with out a tune but my question is, is it ok to run a aftermarket ebcs on an otherwise stock car. the only engine mods that will be done is the downpipe at this point. i know that in the long run its my car and i can do what i want to i am just kinda new to this kind of new to these cars and upgrading everything so i wanted to get some honest opinions before i messed up my car a bit. thank you in advance.oh btw its a stock 12 wrx with cobb stage 1 as of right now. as soon as i get the time i will be installing the downpipe and reflashing to a tp stage 2 map. again thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You can't install the ebcs without the proper tune. I see your getting a TP stage 2 tune. So I'm assuming you read his map notes for each stage. If not please read his notes. Only install the ebcs once you have the proper mods to use his stage 3 map. That's if you are planning to use TP in the future.

Yeah you're going to need a tune to incorporate the EBCS. No Cobb OTS maps support it...so yeah it's going to have to be a TP or some other kind of custom map.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I have just upgraded to the TP EBCS map and Eric is fine tuning my map now. To get the most from a 3 port boost controller I installed a bigger intercooler, aftermarket intake, downpipe (catted), and exhaust. Talked with a couple different tuners in my area and they recommended a bigger intercooler over the WRX stock one. My current tune pushes out a peak 19+ lbs of boost with the TP map. The power difference in the seat of the pants over Stage 1 is huge!

Thanks for the quick responces guys. I have already talk to Eric and he said that he could incorparate the ebcs into my st2 map my question is would it have an adverse effect on my stock parts.

Quote Originally Posted by 12wrxphilly View Post
    Thanks for the quick responces guys. I have already talk to Eric and he said that he could incorparate the ebcs into my st2 map my question is would it have an adverse effect on my stock parts.
    On the parts directly? No. On the way the car drives? Yes. It completely changes up your boost control system. You can do a simple Stage 1 tune with it, or add it into the Stage 2 map like you said. But you should not put it on there unless you are ready to be tuned for it at that moment, period.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Ok thanks that's what I needed to know.

Check it out I got a 2013 with an access port an aem intake and perrin bpv and now I need to do the exhaust I can run a stage two tune if I do the downpipe first now will I see more gains with the catted or not catted? Cobb said it's safer and easier to tune and is more consistent to go catted now if it's catted I should go with the straight mid pipe right and resonated for catless? I don't want to hear that nasty metal buzz from the muffler I'm saying I want it to flow but still sound good...which direction should I go?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinGlover View Post
    Check it out I got a 2013 with an access port an aem intake and perrin bpv and now I need to do the exhaust I can run a stage two tune if I do the downpipe first now will I see more gains with the catted or not catted? Cobb said it's safer and easier to tune and is more consistent to go catted now if it's catted I should go with the straight mid pipe right and resonated for catless? I don't want to hear that nasty metal buzz from the muffler I'm saying I want it to flow but still sound good...which direction should I go?
    You should probably start your own thread, as the subject of this thread is A) another person's car, and B) doesn't really have anything to do with your question.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I agree with Calvinball.

philly cheezsteak meat before end of summer. letz make it happen plz.

but if youre looking to go to TP for the tune, ask him about hybrid boost control.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Sounds good to me. What exactly is hybrid boost control?

look at the link in my signature
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.