how much gain from ewg

This is a discussion on how much gain from ewg within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my current setup is 12 wrx sedan with intake, dp, axleback, grimmspeed ebc, pw tmic with a tp tune. I ...

how much gain from ewg

my current setup is 12 wrx sedan with intake, dp, axleback, grimmspeed ebc, pw tmic with a tp tune. I have been told that with an upipe(tuned) is bout 10whp. what can I expect with say a grimmspeed ceramic coated upipe with 38mm tial wastegate? (e-tuned for now). Im trying to weigh the cost vs power...
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    1) Don't bother with the ceramic coating option. Just pick up some heat wrap and wrap it instead. Just be sure not to wrap the flex section.
    2) The peak gains aren't necessarily going to be anything impressive, but there will be other areas of the curve where the delta values are higher
    3) Your injectors are pretty much maxed out as-is, so you'll want to consider upgrading them
    4) If you're not seeing boost creep, the install is enough of a PITA that I wouldn't bother without addressing #3
    Last edited by EJ257; 06-17-2013 at 06:01 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I got that exact EWG setup installed on my 13 rex and honestly dont feel much power gain at all if anything. I went with the option because of boost creep.
    2013 Wrx Black Hatch

Same here... Prevents boost creep, but in turn allows maybe a couple extra hp to be squeezed out of the engine.

I got my header and up-pipe coated inside/outside for $170 at Embee in Tustin, CA
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

yay for double posts!
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl