best wideband and boost controller?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on best wideband and boost controller? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi I've had my 2002 wrx for a few years now and just started modding it up a couple months ...

best wideband and boost controller?

Hi I've had my 2002 wrx for a few years now and just started modding it up a couple months ago. I am looking for a few suggestions on wideband air/fuel sensors and digital boost controllers. I was looking at AEM but wanted to check with you guys first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you just looking for a WBO2 or are you looking to integrate it with a gauge? A lot of people prefer the UEGO to the LC-1 in regards of performance, but I don't like the look of AEM gauges. If I was just going with a cable, I'd go UEGO, since it doesn't require free-air calibration.

As for boost controllers, there are compromises with every setup. I like tuning hybrid setups most; where you use a MBC for WOT situations, and the EBCS eliminates part-throttle full-boost situations. You get the best of both worlds with this.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I'm looking for the gauge with the cable and can you explain further on the boost controller?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ICblue13
    I'm looking for the gauge with the cable and can you explain further on the boost controller?
    You set up the car to have both EBCS/MBC controlling boost...

At WOT, the EBCS is bypassed and you have complete MBC control. You slowly ramp up the WGDC on the EBCS so you go from wastegate pressure to MBC control.

For reference:

Up until 30% throttle angle, the car runs wastegate pressure. Then it ramps up to MBC boost control by 85% throttle angle.

For more information on hybrid boost control:
    new hybrid mbc/ebc method of boost control - NASIOC
    Last edited by EJ257; 06-16-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I like the UEGO because it's practically plug and play unless you're running it with the AEM EMS then there's a little programming involved. I actually like the look of the AEM digital gauges. All AEM products I;ve had are always great quality. The LED brightness on the digital gauges will change with the outside light intensity (it lights up dark at night, bright in the day). AEM UEGO performs better than LC-1 and a lot of people have problems with the LC-1, however I've only used AEM so I cannot attest to that.

AEM sells a package with everything you need included. wiring/sensor/gauge/bung/butt connectors/bezels etc.

i have the aem uego which was an easy install then to log it for tuning the busted finger motorsports usb to serial cable since i dont havea serail plug on my computer. for boost contrllers im running the hybrid setup like my tuner,EJ257^^^, said. using the GM 3port EBCS and a hallman rx mbc
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.