Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2012 wrx with only 28,000 miles and i want to get somewhere around 325+ hp out ...

Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods

I just bought a 2012 wrx with only 28,000 miles and i want to get somewhere around 325+ hp out of it, its stock right now. I landscape and and work about 70 hours a week so i dont have much time to search through the forums and figure out a setup...so sorry if this has been posted before. I want to do something like the cobb stage 2 package but all seperate parts and a custom tune for more hp! so i was wondering what you guys would suggest as good parts or a good setup all together. also if anybody knows any good dyno tuners around sj, thanks
    -Kyle

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    An intake, downpipe, EBCS, and a tune should be fine. I don't know what sj is, so I can't help much there.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    An intake, downpipe, EBCS, and a tune should be fine. I don't know what sj is, so I can't help much there.
    ok, what kind of downpipe, intake etc is best for the setup? . SJ is South Jersey (NJ)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    ok, what kind of downpipe, intake etc is best for the setup? . SJ is South Jersey (NJ)
    Pick your tuner and then ask them the parts they like to work with. Downpipes are a plenty. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

Turboxs, cobb, perrin, invidia...etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Pick your tuner and then ask them the parts they like to work with. Downpipes are a plenty. Depends on how much money you want to spend.

Turboxs, cobb, perrin, invidia...etc etc etc
    ok true, i have to find a good tuner then..

It almost seems too easy. Intake, Turbo back exhaust (or at min. aftermarket DP), EBCS, and absolutely tune immediately via Access Port or Tactrix cable and ECU Flash. Lots of happy people in this area of tuning and very nice gains for your pleasure.....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turbo snail racing an F1.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	114504

Crap, forgot the 325whp part....maybe an ewg and TIMC/FMIC in there too?!?! E-85 anyone, hmmmm??
    Last edited by MercRising; 06-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MercRising View Post
    Crap, forgot the 325whp part...

he never said 325whp.. 325hp is very different from whp

true that 325 whp is getting close to not reliable or too much money

but does anybody know of good tuners in NJ?!

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    he never said 325whp.. 325hp is very different from whp
    True, I put that "w" in there then noticed after I hit post. I'd think Stg2 should do the trick if it's measured at the crank. What's the % lost at the wheels versus at the crank on an AWD, 20%-25%?

Quote Originally Posted by MercRising View Post
    True, I put that "w" in there then noticed after I hit post. I'd think Stg2 should do the trick if it's measured at the crank. What's the % lost at the wheels versus at the crank on an AWD, 20%-25%?

Depends on the dyno you're using and how you estimate power.. usually somewhere between 25 and 30%.

Go open source for your tuning needs, it will save you some money. Also, there are two that I know of in southern NJ area.

TurboTekTuning

Precision Tuning Motorsports

procomracing

I can't comment on who is better, but I think all do open source.
    '11 WRX DGM

I Support ClubWRX
    to the OP (original poster), where are you coming up with this 325hp figure? I believe a downpipe, possible exhaust upgrade and a pro-tune(tuner/dyno) will fit your bill just right. It'll make your vehicle feel night/day compared to stock and be reliable with room to expand.

an estimate hp for the future

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.