Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; tell me if im missing something, or any suggestions?...

tell me if im missing something, or any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    tell me if im missing something, or any suggestions?

There's always more..

Can I ask why the big tube headers? Are you planning on changing out the turbo, or leaving it stock? And did I miss an uppipe on the list?

I installed the perrin headers with the stock UP, and recorded a difference (albeit small) when I did the uppipe later on (could be been dyno differences, but it was on the extreme side of that). Your mileage may vary.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

i am getting an up pipe, i edited it and put it in, i forgot it. i was thinking about gettin a bigger turbo but now that im looking at #'s i prob wont have the money. im just getting reg size headers

I just emailed the list to my tuner and im gonna see what he thinks about it

I have a 2011 wrx. I set out to spend the least money on a daily driven setup. I have a PW TMIC, Cobb DP, ID 1000's, DW65c, Grimmspeed EBCS and Cobb AP. I protuned on 91 and E85. On my high boost map I put down 301/335 at 6,000 ft altitude. The only thing I would have changed (am changing) is a better BPV. A turbosmart recirc BPV is otw now, as mine failed at Friday night drags lol. But I run 13.2 at altitude (7000+ baro) which is pretty fun. Setup cost about $4k including tunes. Don't waste money on an intake unless u plan on exceeding the 425+ stock airbox rating. I put a k&n drop in before tune. My setup maxes out the VF52, so unless u are planning for a bigger turbo u really don't need anything else.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs
    Don't waste money on an intake unless u plan on exceeding the 425+ stock airbox rating. I put a k&n drop in before tune. My setup maxes out the VF52, so unless u are planning for a bigger turbo u really don't need anything else.
    An intake is worth it on S2 VF cars, especially if you have injectors.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Why is this? Not saying u are wrong, just curious.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs
    I'd expect 10-15whp peak increase out of an intake on those setups, with more towards redline (especially with enough injector headroom).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Different flow characteristics? It was my tuners opinion that I was maxing stock turbo (safely for dd of course) w/o intake. High boost setup was 20.4-21psi peak. From Harvey at the boost creep. Again, not tryin to disprove. I would be happy to learn that I could make more power.
    Last edited by Miggs; 08-05-2013 at 10:31 AM.

To clarify (on the reliability point of view), I run the low or mid boost map (15/18peak) daily. The high boost setting (show off map ) is for cool nights and the track. Harvey warned me that using the high boost setting too often will risk the safety of the turbo. I respect his judgement and all is well so far.

I may get a seperate e85 map too if possible w/o an access port. i have a station close by, and i definitely dont wanna be e85 only

E85 is way safer. On low boost of course. My tuner made me 3 maps for e85. It's roughly 110 octane.
    Last edited by Miggs; 08-05-2013 at 11:24 AM.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    The current Legacy GT-style intake used on the 2009+ WRX is shown to be restrictive even at stock power levels.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Just make sure u confer with your tuner...I spoke with my tuner weeks before I made an informed decision. But I am also paranoid

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.