Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods - Page 14
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; nevermind. i may just go for the injectors, pickup, and fuel pump at once...

nevermind. i may just go for the injectors, pickup, and fuel pump at once

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

comes to a total of $5221.XX haha

Invidia Downpipe Catted Divorced Wastegate Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2013 WRX / STI)
    RSD Part #: INV HS08SW1DPC
    In Stock - Ships Fast!
    Ships to you within one business day from our Salt Lake City Warehouse.

$509.60 $509.60

AEM Fuel Pump 320lph
    RSD Part #: AEM 50-1000
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$104.15 $104.15

Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushing Combo Subaru Models (inc. 2008-2013 WRX / 2005-2009 Legacy GT)
    RSD Part #: KAR KB-002-LEG-WRX08
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$165.00 $165.00

Process West Top Mount Intercooler Subaru WRX 2008-2013
    RSD Part #: PRW PWTMIC07
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$982.14 $982.14

COBB Tuning Short Ram SF Intake System Subaru WRX / STI 2008-2013
    RSD Part #: COB 715100
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$195.00 $195.00

Perrin Equal Length Header Subaru Turbo Models (inc. 2002-2013 WRX / STI)
    RSD Part #: PER1 PSP-EXT-050
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$809.99 $809.99

Perrin Cat Back Exhaust Sedan Subaru WRX / STI 2011-2013
    RSD Part #: PER2 PSP-EXT-347BR
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$1,169.99 $1,169.99

Perrin Shift Knob Black Slim 5MT Subaru Models
    RSD Part #: PER1 PSP-INR-101BK
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$53.99 $53.99

GrimmSpeed Boost Solenoid Subaru WRX 2008-2013 / Legacy GT 2005-2009
    RSD Part #: GRM 057032
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$105.59 $105.59

Defi Red Racer Boost Gauge Imperial 60mm 30 PSI
    RSD Part #: DEF1 DF11502
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$214.20 $214.20

Go Fast Bits TMS Respons Hybrid Blow Off Valve Subaru WRX 2008-2013 / Legacy GT 2005-2009
    RSD Part #: GFB T9001
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$262.71 $262.71

Injector Dynamics Fuel Injectors Top Feed 1000cc Subaru Models (inc. 2002-2013 WRX / 2007-2013 STI)
    RSD Part #: IND 1000.18.02.48.11.4
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

$480.00 $480.00

Killer B Motorsport Ultimate Oil Pickup Subaru Turbo Models (inc. 2002-2013 WRX / STI)
    RSD Part #: KIL 070-110
    In Stock - Ships Fast!

I Support ClubWRX
    A couple things...

The Turbosmart recirculation valve would save you a bit of money vs GFB, and I'd trust that one more.

You'll need the accompanying airbox to go with the Cobb SRI (which adds an additional $115), or go with the AEM (additional $60).

I'd urge you to go with the Invidia downpipe with two bungs (additional $15) and consider picking up an AEM UEGO, since it'll be easiest now to install a WBO2 in the car. Skip out on the shifter mods just yet, and pick them up down the line.

Have you heard the Perrin exhaust in-person? I like the Q300 on sedans, which is $150 cheaper than the Perrin you have selected.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Where in SJ are you from? Check out Procom Racing in Toms River they're helping me with my build. My setup is Turbo XS catless DP, Grimmspeed Up-Pipe, Tial MV-R EWG, Grimmspeed MBC, NGK 1 step colder plugs, DW 850cc Injectors, DW65c Fuel Pump, Procom OEM+ block (forged pistons), Blouch Dom 1.5xtr (10cm), Procom FMIC + Intake, Tial Q BOV.
    Last edited by TravTagz; 08-22-2013 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TravTagz View Post
    Where in SJ are you from? Check out Procom Racing in Toms River they're helping me with my build. My setup is Turbo XS catless DP, Grimmspeed Up-Pipe, Tial MV-R EWG, Grimmspeed MBC, NGK 1 step colder plugs, DW 850cc Injectors, DW65c Fuel Pump, Procom OEM+ block (forged pistons), Blouch Dom 1.5xtr (10cm), Procom FMIC + Intake, Tial Q BOV.
    no i havent heard of them. how much is a tune

I believe 450 for 3 maps on an AP... the first Friday of the month they usually have a Dyno Day/BBQ ($40dyno pulls no tuning)...good chance to check out the shop

true. i may look into it. ive heard many good things about precision tuning tho

im gonna wait to do the injectors and pump

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich
    im gonna wait to do the injectors and pump
    I think that's a mistake, considering everything you're already doing. Push things off for a bit, but when you go to get a custom tune, I think injectors/pump would be well worth your while.

They will really allow you to make the most out of your modifications once they're installed. Install your downpipe/TBE and intake and flash the appropriate S2 map to tide you over, but I strongly urge you to reconsider not installing an upgraded fuel system. There's a good bit of power to be made with the parts you have listed if you have proper fueling, which you don't on the stock system.

UNYSOC

At stage 2 you will be maxing out your injectors and pump I would make them a priority over a catback and even intake. The stock catback is fine for your power level goal so is the intake, a high flow filter is enough for the 320hp range.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TravTagz
    The stock catback is fine for your power level goal so is the intake, a high flow filter is enough for the 320hp range.
    Especially with the fuel system to support it, an intake should be on the car when he gets a custom tune.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    A couple things...

The Turbosmart recirculation valve would save you a bit of money vs GFB, and I'd trust that one more.

You'll need the accompanying airbox to go with the Cobb SRI (which adds an additional $115), or go with the AEM (additional $60).

I'd urge you to go with the Invidia downpipe with two bungs (additional $15) and consider picking up an AEM UEGO, since it'll be easiest now to install a WBO2 in the car. Skip out on the shifter mods just yet, and pick them up down the line.

Have you heard the Perrin exhaust in-person? I like the Q300 on sedans, which is $150 cheaper than the Perrin you have selected.
    the OP is basically planning the same thing I am so might as well add to this thread, can you guys specify on the turbosmart BPV? which model?

I plan to retain the stock exhaust so I'm thinking the Cobb DP is the best choice in that case.. I just don't want to attract cops on my daily driver

so after reading the thread it seems the reliable and powerful mods to get are (if you retain stock exhaust):

Cobb DP
    Intake
    Aftermarket BPV
    Aftermarket TMIC
    Pro Tune

for the moment i'm content to only push it to 17 psi just because its been stated that going to higher might call for upgraded TMIC and BPV

on that note what is the capacity of the stock injectors? I see recommendations to upgrade so what are their limits?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crows
    the OP is basically planning the same thing I am so might as well add to this thread, can you guys specify on the turbosmart BPV? which model?
    There is one recirculating valve on RSD for Turbosmart.

I plan to retain the stock exhaust so I'm thinking the Cobb DP is the best choice in that case.. I just don't want to attract cops on my daily driver

so after reading the thread it seems the reliable and powerful mods to get are (if you retain stock exhaust):

Cobb DP
    Intake
    Aftermarket BPV
    Aftermarket TMIC
    Pro Tune

for the moment i'm content to only push it to 17 psi just because its been stated that going to higher might call for upgraded TMIC and BPV
    Decent setup

on that note what is the capacity of the stock injectors? I see recommendations to upgrade so what are their limits?
    StageII, pretty much.

UNYSOC

Turbosmart Recirculating Blow Off Valve Kompact Plumb Back Black Subaru / Mazda Models (inc. 2008-2013 WRX) thats the one im getting. im not gonna get injectors, fuel pump, or exhaust yet i dont think. ill post all the mods again (updated)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.