Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by kdeitrich do you think the exhaust is worth the money? (1169.00) A catback?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich
    do you think the exhaust is worth the money? (1169.00)
    A catback?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    A catback?
    yaaa

with the perrin headers and invidia catted dp.

The catback isn't necessary for your goals; neither are the headers. Imo, it would be better to spend the money on a quality tmic. Like someone else mentioned, spring for a good bpv. I popped my stock one at 301whp. Altitude is a big thing also, or it was for me. I am at over 6,000 ft above sea level. My car baselined at 201 whp...pro tuned to 301, 335tq. Like EJ257 said, it's all relative. I crushed my buddies 2010 SS camaro which is supposed to be rated at 425 hp.

However, I would love an exhaust and headers because of the sound, but I ran out of money for the time being. I spent about $4200 on a safe and reliable 300whp, and am very happy with it (for now)
    Last edited by Miggs; 08-20-2013 at 07:03 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    with the perrin headers and invidia catted dp.
    Are you already purchasing all the other equipment and looking at buying a catback in addition? If that's the case, I would say a set of ID1000 injectors and a fuel pump would be far more useful for the money than the catback, and will be cheaper, to boot. If you can swing injectors/pump/catback, then consider it, but my advice would be to address fueling next if you're already buying the aforementioned parts...
    well no matter if it is worth the money or not im getting the cobb short ram sf intake, process west TMIC, kartboy short shifter w/ bushings, perrin ELH, NGK one step colder plugs, STRi-DSD-Amber-60mm-Boost-Gauge, Perrin up pipe, grimmspeed 3 port ebcs , invidia down pipe, beatrush pitch mount. tuned at Precision tuning in NJ after installing all parts. ill report back within a few weeks and let you know my numbers
    Skip the STRI gauge, Perrin Uppipe, and Beatrush mount. Instead pick up a Defi Racer series boost gauge and a WBO2 (AEM UEGO or Innovate LC-1/DB combo). I don't like STRI gauges, and a WBO2 would be far more useful than either an uppipe or a pitch stop mount. Any additional money should go towards fueling first, and catback second (if budget allows).

With adequate fueling, proper TMIC/BPV, intake, ELH, and DP/TBE, 300whp would be a cake to make on most dynos, and would be a hell of a fun ride. As a personal note, I'd love to have that as a personal car; no EWG (unless necessary), with those parts (since I'd be DIY tuning without an AP, I could afford the full TBE).
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-20-2013 at 07:33 PM.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Are you already purchasing all the other equipment and looking at buying a catback in addition? If that's the case, I would say a set of ID1000 injectors and a fuel pump would be far more useful for the money than the catback, and will be cheaper, to boot. If you can swing injectors/pump/catback, then consider it, but my advice would be to address fueling next if you're already buying the aforementioned parts...

Skip the STRI gauge, Perrin Uppipe, and Beatrush mount. Instead pick up a Defi Racer series boost gauge and a WBO2 (AEM UEGO or Innovate LC-1/DB combo). I don't like STRI gauges, and a WBO2 would be far more useful than either an uppipe or a pitch stop mount. Any additional money should go towards fueling first, and catback second (if budget allows).

With adequate fueling, proper TMIC/BPV, intake, ELH, and DP/TBE, 300whp would be a cake to make on most dynos, and would be a hell of a fun ride. As a personal note, I'd love to have that as a personal car; no EWG (unless necessary), with those parts (since I'd be DIY tuning without an AP, I could afford the full TBE).
    so what are you saying i get instead of an up pipe and pitch mount?

I Support ClubWRX
    so what are you saying i get instead of an up pipe and pitch mount?
    Aftermarket bypass valve
    Fuel pump
    ID1000 injectors

UNYSOC

If you do get a pitch stop, look into torque solutions. Great product, low price. But it's definitely not necessary.

Oil pump and oil pickup. Even on stock vehicles these tend to fail more than other things causing blown motors. This info came from a Subaru tech
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much ever bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    Oil pump and oil pickup. Even on stock vehicles these tend to fail more than other things causing blown motors. This info came from a Subaru tech
    what company/where could i find the aftermarket pump and pickup?

i got the bov instead of the mount but idk about fuel pump/injectors just yet

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    what company/where could i find the aftermarket pump and pickup?
    Killerbee. They got them on rallysport direct
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much ever bolt on.

I Support ClubWRX
    i got the bov instead of the mount but idk about fuel pump/injectors just yet
    You'll max out your fuel system with your current modifications. That would give you some headroom to really let the other modifications shine, whereas you won't be able to get the max out of it without upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987
    Pickup, maybe. Pump, no.

UNYSOC

ok so what about a pump w/o injectors? is that pointless?

and how would that replace the up pipe?