Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Miggs Agree to disagree then. I don't think you are seeing the variables here...stock airbox on my ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs
    Agree to disagree then. I don't think you are seeing the variables here...stock airbox on my 11 and turbo is maxed...no more cfm will help there...bottlenecked. if you have anything more technical than 'what I have seen' I would love to read it.
    I'm not sure what more you want from me; I have shared my personal findings from tuning these cars with a stock airbox vs an aftermarket intake...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    Agree to disagree then. I don't think you are seeing the variables here...stock airbox on my 11 and turbo is maxed...no more cfm will help there...bottlenecked. if you have anything more technical than 'what I have seen' I would love to read it.
    I don't think you are understanding what EJ is saying. The gains he is talking about have just been from the intake, not because the intake allowed him to up the boost anymore. So while the turbo may be "maxed," you could still see gains without trying to push the turbo anymore than it already is.

He tunes cars, so his "what I have seen" is just as valid as any other tuner's same statement. I think he said it once or twice, different tuners tune differently, but his point is that an intake on the 3rd gen cars will add significant power even without increasing boost.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I was curious about the more technical side if the explanation, which u did a better job of summing up in a single post.

everything is cool, im getting an intake

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggs
    I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I was curious about the more technical side if the explanation, which u did a better job of summing up in a single post.
    For the record, I don't feel insulted. This isn't the thread to discuss my approach at remapping an ECU for an intake to make more power; including that information would do nothing but confuse the OP (who seems to just be looking for a straight-forward blanket answer to a simple question).

If your curious to find out more information on the ECU side of things, create a thread in our Tuning subforum:
    Tuning: Electronic Engine Management

Regards,
    Mattypants
    Last edited by EJ257; 08-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.

UNYSOC

well no matter if it is worth the money or not im getting the cobb short ram sf intake, process west TMIC, kartboy short shifter w/ bushings, perrin ELH, NGK one step colder plugs, STRi-DSD-Amber-60mm-Boost-Gauge, Perrin up pipe, grimmspeed 3 port ebcs , invidia down pipe, beatrush pitch mount. tuned at Precision tuning in NJ after installing all parts. ill report back within a few weeks and let you know my numbers
    Last edited by kdeitrich; 08-20-2013 at 06:29 PM.

Also an accessport too. precision doesn't do tunes without them for some reason..

maybe a perrin cbe too idk yet

Glwb! Keep us posted.

<-- rubs hands together with glee...

insert evil laugh

2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph

here is a question regarding reliable and as close to 300whp as possible on a 11-13 WRX for you tuners that have posted, what parts would you recommend to get the power goals with pump gas? assuming 93 octane is available...

Quote Originally Posted by crows View Post
    here is a question regarding reliable and as close to 300whp as possible on a 11-13 WRX for you tuners that have posted, what parts would you recommend to get the power goals with pump gas? assuming 93 octane is available...
    You can achieve that with a downpipe and an Intake and a good stage 2 protune. But to be safe, you'd honestly need a new TMIC and a new BPV (stockers are known to pop plastic bits with pressure over 18-19psi).

However, the biggest thing to think about is it's not about the number...it's about the curve. It's about the feel of the car...smoothness of spool and onset of boost.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by crows
    It's going to vary based on the dyno. 300whp on a dyno that baselines a car at 240whp is a lot slower than 300whp on a dyno that baselines them at 200whp.

Dyno FAQ

A custom S2 tune is enough for most people. Pieces like an aftermarket TMIC/BPV are nice, as they allow you to push the tune a little further with the same safety margin, but they aren't necessary.

UNYSOC

do you think the exhaust is worth the money? (1169.00)
    It will be tuned with the exhaust on the car along with everything listed. I know its a lot of money but with headers and an intake i can push it more with a cbe. probably 15+hp more then stcok. and it sounds great, i was going to get the exhaust later after i do everthing else an am settled with it. but i figure why pay for the tune twice haha
    Last edited by kdeitrich; 08-20-2013 at 04:50 PM.