Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

This is a discussion on Reliable but powerful 2012 WRX mods within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by zax The current Legacy GT-style intake used on the 2009+ WRX is shown to be restrictive even ...

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    The current Legacy GT-style intake used on the 2009+ WRX is shown to be restrictive even at stock power levels.
    Good to know. I would be curious to see some dyno charts if anyone has before and afters. Or oem flow rates.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im also getting the cobb short shifter.. = $2650 total

The intake sounds and looks good also, i have heard that you do get gains

I dont want to run low boost, thats why an intake will help with my everyday 92 octane tune

What all is on your list so far? U make more power on less boost with e85, thus more safe. I was skeptical too. But if I could change things I wouldnt have even wasted money on a 91 tune. E85 does burn more quickly, but I still see 17-18 mpg and I am a spirited driver. I made more power on my low boost map on e85 than my high boost map on 91. 92 will obviously be different, but 91 is the best we have here in colorado.
    Last edited by Miggs; 08-05-2013 at 10:41 AM.

grimmspeed vs perrin vs cobb ebcs?

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    What all is on your list so far? U make more power on less boost with e85, thus more safe. I was skeptical too. But if I could change things I wouldnt have even wasted money on a 91 tune. E85 does burn more quickly, but I still see 17-18 mpg and I am a spirited driver. I made more power on my low boost map on e85 than my high boost map on 91. 92 will obviously be different, but 91 is the best we have here in colorado.
    true, but wouldnt running e85 void the warranty big time?

Quote Originally Posted by kdeitrich View Post
    The intake sounds and looks good also, i have heard that you do get gains
    It's all about personal preference. If you love it that's all that matters. I wish I had the budget to make my car sound mean...but I chose performance only for now

grimmspeed vs perrin vs cobb ebcs?
    I use gs. My tuner strongly recommended it. But ask your tuner. If you make your tuner happy he will be more capable of making you happy. The GS EBCS seems to be the most popular

true, but wouldnt running e85 void the warranty big time?
    According to every subie tech I have talked to, modification that results in the failure of a components results in the voiding of the warranty of that component. That being said, even an intake could void your warranty theoretically if it caused a lean condition that caused cylinder failure. There is always a risk to reward ratio when modding...gotta pay to play. That's why my tuner loves e85 so much. It's more reliable power.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggs View Post
    According to every subie tech I have talked to, modification that results in the failure of a components results in the voiding of the warranty of that component. That being said, even an intake could void your warranty theoretically if it caused a lean condition that caused cylinder failure. There is always a risk to reward ratio when modding...gotta pay to play. That's why my tuner loves e85 so much. It's more reliable power.
    Ill definitely talk to my tuner if you say that its more reliable power, no doubt. Im still waiting to see what he thinks about my list of parts

Ill definitely talk to my tuner if you say that its more reliable power, no doubt. Im still waiting to see what he thinks about my list of parts
    Cool man, glwb, I am curious what your tuner will say. Are u doing ur own installs?

i want to but im not sure if i can because i have to drive like an hour plus i believe

but ive heard you can drive as long as you dont hit boost?