Random thought/question.

This is a discussion on Random thought/question. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I realize that this may even be a little on the dumb side, but still it lingers in my ...

Random thought/question.

So I realize that this may even be a little on the dumb side, but still it lingers in my brain. How effective if any would a setup that used something like compressed co2 or something of that nature to spray on the outside of the intercooler to create like a flash freeze of sorts? Please be forgiving if I'm just not thinking it through enough.
    "When we understand us, our consciousness, we also understand the universe and the separation disappears."
    ~ Amit Goswami ~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They make CO2 sprayer systems
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Is it a worthwhile mod?
    "When we understand us, our consciousness, we also understand the universe and the separation disappears."
    ~ Amit Goswami ~

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't exactly call it the "best bang for your buck".
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Gotcha, I was thinking on it because I live in west Texas where our summers are high nineties to triple digits. And I was thinking I could fab one up pretty cheap
    ~ Amit Goswami ~

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Gotcha, I was thinking on it because I live in west Texas where our summers are high nineties to triple digits. And I was thinking I could fab one up pretty cheap
    It's not something that is really used on a daily driving basis. You won't notice really any difference in your highway on-ramp blasts or so. A lot of the chillers like you're thinking are used on track cars between hot laps, or between drag runs on the strip.

If you're worried too much about cooling, then think about getting a Meth kit and some tuning to go with that...you'd get some decent gains to go with it!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
    Is it a worthwhile mod?
    Only if you are serious about drag racing.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Thanks guys. With it being a new car I'm dying to mod but my old lady keeps bugging me about not voiding my warranty
    ~ Amit Goswami ~

I Support ClubWRX
    There are many more practical mods to add.

Read through this if you already have not: First Modifications - what to do and not to do or read it again.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    There are many more practical mods to add.

Read through this if you already have not: First Modifications - what to do and not to do or read it again.
    yes! I love that thread. Think I might actually have her talked into an AP as my first purchase. Figured it was the best way to go since I already have SPT catback and short throw.
    ~ Amit Goswami ~

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    If you still have a TMIC and you're drag racing you can always throw a bag of ice on the intercooler while you're in staging. But try to get rid of it before you get to where the 2wd guys do their burnouts.. some people might not be so pleased to have you dripping water all over the track.