Aftermarket snorkel?

This is a discussion on Aftermarket snorkel? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I just installed a Cobb sf intake and air box on my '11 Wrx. I really hate the ...

Aftermarket snorkel?

Hey guys, I just installed a Cobb sf intake and air box on my '11 Wrx. I really hate the look of the factory black plastic snorkel that connects to the air box. Does anyone know if there are aftermarket ones available? For me it's about looks, anything to change the color or material of the snorkel would be great. thx for the help

btw I flashed TP stage 1 and I'm really happy with it. Eric has been a great help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So....you're looking for something like this?

amirite?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Smexi!!

I'm guessing you mean the scoop under the hood by the passenger headlight? pretty easy to change the appearance with spray paint or plastidip or stickers. I highly doubt there is an aftermarket scoop, as it is part of the pre-inlet intake tract and most intakes seek to replace that entire portion of the intake

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    So....you're looking for something like this?

amirite?
    lmao not quite.

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    I'm guessing you mean the scoop under the hood by the passenger headlight? pretty easy to change the appearance with spray paint or plastidip or stickers. I highly doubt there is an aftermarket scoop, as it is part of the pre-inlet intake tract and most intakes seek to replace that entire portion of the intake
    That's what I meant yes lol. I figured there wasn't any as I've searched around a bit. Stickers aren't my thing, though plasti dip is an interesting idea, I'm also thinking that for other things like window fluid res cap, oil dipstick, basically I hate all the yellow under the hood.

I would look into painting/wrapping it if you are just in it for the looks. There is some carbon fiber looking aftermarket intake that's crazy expensive and it replaces everything including that part iirc. I don't remember the name as it's not very popular, but search around a bit and you can find it. I don't think it'd be worth the cost for what you want though.