Two broken cams weighing my options....

This is a discussion on Two broken cams weighing my options.... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; pulled my motor after a nasty rod knock was developing. both right side cams are sheered at the ends and ...

Two broken cams weighing my options....

pulled my motor after a nasty rod knock was developing. both right side cams are sheered at the ends and finding used ones are a pain in my ass. either i cant find them or people think they're gold. I would hate buying some stockers knowing a few hundred more could get me crowers but its kinda pointless if im running a basically stock car. my question is, would i be doing harm with some bigger loobed cams on that tiny turbo and stock motor?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    No harm done.. but more aggressive cams will cause you to lose power down low, and depending on your turbo it may not flow enough to gain much of anything up top.

You never said what kind of car you have. I have three sets of stock cams for sale, two sets from 02-05 WRX, and one set from 04-05 STi.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    No harm done.. but more aggressive cams will cause you to lose power down low, and depending on your turbo it may not flow enough to gain much of anything up top.

You never said what kind of car you have. I have three sets of stock cams for sale, two sets from 02-05 WRX, and one set from 04-05 STi.
    05 rex, hook me up dude! PM me im interested