Do more mods increase the need for a CBE?

This is a discussion on Do more mods increase the need for a CBE? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I know that just getting a full TBE does little for these cars or my model ('12), BUT if I ...

Do more mods increase the need for a CBE?

I know that just getting a full TBE does little for these cars or my model ('12), BUT if I have many other mods such as the TMIC, DP, FP,3 port, CAI, does the amount of power a CBE will produce increase? Anyone ever done this mod as one of their last ones? What if ELH are also added before a CBE?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yes.. the more power you're making the more of a restriction the CBE will be. At stock your gains will be nill, at 500whp you're looking at 20whp or more difference.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Yes.. the more power you're making the more of a restriction the CBE will be. At stock your gains will be nill, at 500whp you're looking at 20whp or more difference.
    Ahhh ok, well with my current mods and then adding ELH, tumbler and injectors I don't think i'd be pushing more than what? 330 whp? I don't know how much the CBE would help at that point. Really don't want to spend the added money on it tbh.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Really don't want to spend the added money on it tbh.
    Meh, I'd hold off then until you want to =). Not hurting much in the mean time.

I think KillerB was looking to do some dyno experimentation with their new catback in development vs a few others. They were pretty set on the fact that it makes a larger difference than most believe. I'll let you know if I see any updates on the matter - I wouldn't expect them anytime soon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The newer dual-tip exhausts flow better than the previous exhausts. I believe there is LESS of a need for an uprated catback, but it can't hurt.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I don't have a choice but to hold off, I can't afford any of those expensive CB's and most of them are quite expensive it seems. Oh well, i'm not to worried about it if it's not that much of a power difference.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    I don't have a choice but to hold off, I can't afford any of those expensive CB's and most of them are quite expensive it seems. Oh well, i'm not to worried about it if it's not that much of a power difference.
    No need to press yourself financially for it. Look for used ones in the mean time - never know when you'll find a decent deal pop up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    No need to press yourself financially for it. Look for used ones in the mean time - never know when you'll find a decent deal pop up.

Yeah I know, the other thing is I don't really want much of a sound change... like not louder and have cops bugging me all the time.

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The quite cbe's arent going to be much better on horsepower and are the more expensive ones it would seem.
    If you dont want to spend the money, dont care about the extra <20Hp-ish that you gain, and dont want a sound change; then I would stick with stock.