2013 WRX Sedan, upgrading tomorrow....question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 WRX Sedan, upgrading tomorrow....question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have an appointment at Cobb tomorrow morning at 10 and I am getting a few things done. One ...

2013 WRX Sedan, upgrading tomorrow....question

So I have an appointment at Cobb tomorrow morning at 10 and I am getting a few things done. One I am getting the CAP (access port) and from what I hear its the best bang for the buck, also getting the Cobb downpipe, Cobb cold air intake and air box. I already have the SPT exhaust and short throw shifter. Question is...how much of a difference will I notice? What are some things that will obviously be different and how long will it take my car to adjust to the changes if anytime at all? Thanks in advance I'm very new to modding cars I have been racing motorcycles for a few years and im branching over to the car aspect of things now. Appreciate the advice/help.

-Taylor

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You will notice the difference immediately. You get into boost quicker, the feel of your throttle is different, and your rev limiter will be history. That's just to name a few things.
    2010 WRB WRX

Thanks for the feedback, car is dropped off just waiting on the phone call to pick her up

you'll notice it... your wallet would have noticed a difference if you didn't get everything cobb though
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    You're going to love it! It'll pretty much be what it should have been from the factory. If you're like most of us, you'll be very happy with it for a while, then you'll want even more... as frank the tank said, once it hits the lips its so good!
    -Clayton, Your official CLUBWRX Subaru Dealer!
    CLUBWRX New car buying program SAVE HUGE on new Subarus:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...ubwrx-net.html
    Ask a Subaru Dealer thread:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/car-pu...ru-dealer.html
    FREE 3rd party vehicle inspections:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/tri-st...spections.html

Its amazing, much more noticeable power and I'm in love with the sound that intake makes, almost like an airplane lol. And ya methodical4u it wasn't very cheap, but that being said I don't like cheap things and to have it all made by the same company and installed by them made me feel comfortable with the purchase even if I had to spend a few extra dollars. Worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by subWRXruFAN View Post
    Its amazing, much more noticeable power and I'm in love with the sound that intake makes, almost like an airplane lol. And ya methodical4u it wasn't very cheap, but that being said I don't like cheap things and to have it all made by the same company and installed by them made me feel comfortable with the purchase even if I had to spend a few extra dollars. Worth every penny
    I wasn't trying to insult. Cobb makes excellent products, but buying them and then having them installed is definitely expensive. I have the turbo XS DP and AEM CAI which I shopped around for quite a bit and did the install myself. At the time it sucked though and if I wasn't hurting for money I would have someone else do the install too.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I knew you werent trying to insult sorry if I made it sound defensive, was just saying I dont mind paying for real quality product and having the people who make it install it as well and walk me through everything I need to know etc

Getting it done is what matters; being able to get it done right is the plus. No shame in having someone who knows what they are doing to make it happen. The end result is what matters. Enjoy your Stage 2. You will be grinning after the first drive.

Congrats on Stage 2. On my first wrx it makes all the difference in the world. My new WRX I'm only stage 1. deciding what route on stage 2 I'm going this time. This time I went AP over OS tune makes it a lot easier. Spending the extra money to get it done can be worth it if you don;t have the time or knowledge. I had few friends to help with my stage 2. Im sure I would have messed it up myself.

Good luck with it.
    ~Dan~ 2011 WRX Limited Stage 2 TP Stinkeye Mob #93

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.