Aftermarket TMIC question?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Aftermarket TMIC question? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Using my accessport what should i monitor or look for when i change out my factory TMIC?...

Aftermarket TMIC question?

Using my accessport what should i monitor or look for when i change out my factory TMIC?
    2010 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatch
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Same things you'd log before
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Blinker fluid temperature for one.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Not to mention the exhaust bearing pressure (in PSI...mPA is usually skewed).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Yall really have nothing better todo
    Mods : Yakima Roof Rack, Perrin catted DP, Perrin CAI, Perrin shifter bushings, Perrin AP stage 2, Ebay/Custom 3" cat back, carbon Subaru emblems, blacked out tail lights, Cobb STS, Raceland Coilovers

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632 View Post
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Well, yeah. We are on an internet forum posting stupid ****...of course we don't have anything better to do.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTmode632
    I mean what I said. There's nothing additional you need to datalog because you put the TMIC on.

Your boost tables may be messed up, you'll be hitting higher loads as a result, and your fueling may be off (without a WBO2, you can't verify this).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    I mean what I said. There's nothing additional you need to datalog because you put the TMIC on.

Your boost tables may be messed up, you'll be hitting higher loads as a result, and your fueling may be off (without a WBO2, you can't verify this).
    Agreed. If you are changing your intercooler and (assumingly) not making changes to your tune, why log? Logging has various purposes, and we need to know a little more detail to help you in that regard. Are you looking to see if you are having detonation issues? Fueling issues? Boost issues?

In my opinion, if you aren't tuning your own car, and you are concerned... Ask your tuner. Give Perrin a ring (in your case) and ask them if they forsee any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't typically post on Internet forums...but when I do it means I have nothing better to do

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    Agreed. If you are changing your intercooler and (assumingly) not making changes to your tune, why log? Logging has various purposes, and we need to know a little more detail to help you in that regard. Are you looking to see if you are having detonation issues? Fueling issues? Boost issues?

In my opinion, if you aren't tuning your own car, and you are concerned... Ask your tuner. Give Perrin a ring (in your case) and ask them if they forsee any issues.
    Im just asking to see if there was anything inparticular i should be watching for that could cause problems. I am not tuning for it but should i? Can i change it and run it with out a tune or should i contact perrin about getting something changed in my tune.

Can i change it and run it with out a tune or should i contact perrin about getting something changed in my tune.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Im just asking to see if there was anything inparticular i should be watching for that could cause problems. I am not tuning for it but should i? Can i change it and run it with out a tune or should i contact perrin about getting something changed in my tune.
    With an intercooler change, in your situation, I don't see any large issue. You should still be okay as far as injector headroom (or lack there of). I doubt you'll be hitting any detonation issues. I don't know if their boost correction tables will still be appropriate. That being said, you won't be taking much advantage of the new intercooler. I would probably bump up the boost a bit and check for any timing changes if it was me.

After you put it on, look for any detonation for a while (FBKC, FLKC, IAM or DAM) and learned fuel trims (AFL #1). I wouldn't expect any more than you have now, personally. Afterwards, do a pull monitoring your boost related parameters and wastegate duty cycle with corrections. You may want to throw injector duty cycle on there as well. If you need more information, look through the links in my signature. I believe Part 1 will have any details you need as far as logging goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Thats the kind of answer i was looking for. Thanks heide

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.