Is running a car on pure alcohol an option?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Is running a car on pure alcohol an option? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Obviously E85 makes a lot more power than 93, but is it possible to run on straight alcohol? Is it ...

Is running a car on pure alcohol an option?

Obviously E85 makes a lot more power than 93, but is it possible to run on straight alcohol? Is it of any benefit at all?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Sure.. you can get even more benefit out of e99 than e85 (pure alcohol would be illegal to sell). The downside is that you would have to order it in barrels instead of buying it at the pump, and it will cost a ton more than plain old e85 for not that much benefit.

If you don't care about fuel costs you might as well just run something like VP Import. With the right setup and tune you could make a ton of power.. but the $27/gallon plus shipping price tag deters most sensible people.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Sure.. you can get even more benefit out of e99 than e85 (pure alcohol would be illegal to sell). The downside is that you would have to order it in barrels instead of buying it at the pump, and it will cost a ton more than plain old e85 for not that much benefit.

If you don't care about fuel costs you might as well just run something like VP Import. With the right setup and tune you could make a ton of power.. but the $27/gallon plus shipping price tag deters most sensible people.

I was asking because e85 isn't around here right now.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You can order 55 gallon barrels of e85, or e98.. but depending on local laws you might need a special license to store it. Most people in that situation opt to run meth injection instead.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    You can order 55 gallon barrels of e85, or e98.. but depending on local laws you might need a special license to store it. Most people in that situation opt to run meth injection instead.
    I have seriously thought about that, but all the tuners I have talked to really seem to shy away or try to talk me out of using the meth injection.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.