Nameless mid pipe proper orientation?

This is a discussion on Nameless mid pipe proper orientation? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone have a picture or some helpful info on the proper orientation of the nameless mid pipe. i messed ...

Nameless mid pipe proper orientation?

Does anyone have a picture or some helpful info on the proper orientation of the nameless mid pipe. i messed with it for about 30-45min and got it close, where i think it should be but it hits the heatsheild where its split in half and has that extra connection. I can hear it rattle every so often and it bugs me. Thanks in advance for the help, i searched for answers with no luck so sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.
    2012 Wrx SWP Hatch-Traded
    2013 Limited ISM Hatch -Current

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dzanga View Post
    Does anyone have a picture or some helpful info on the proper orientation of the nameless mid pipe. i messed with it for about 30-45min and got it close, where i think it should be but it hits the heatsheild where its split in half and has that extra connection. I can hear it rattle every so often and it bugs me. Thanks in advance for the help, i searched for answers with no luck so sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.
    Hey, I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue. I was told to get a torque solution exhaust mount, for the midpipe, but I see they make a regular one and a long one for the WRX. Do I need the long one or would the regular one suffice, being stiffer than stock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ray521 View Post
    Hey, I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue. I was told to get a torque solution exhaust mount, for the midpipe, but I see they make a regular one and a long one for the WRX. Do I need the long one or would the regular one suffice, being stiffer than stock.

Thanks
    This is not a 100% answer, but I'd assume if it's rubbing on the heat shield you're going to want the longer one to move it down a bit. Kartboy also makes the hangars, they're top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    This is not a 100% answer, but I'd assume if it's rubbing on the heat shield you're going to want the longer one to move it down a bit. Kartboy also makes the hangars, they're top notch.
    It doesn't hit anything at rest but when he pushed it there was a little contact. I heard it vibrating a couple times on the way home too. Do you think I should replace all of the hangers? Or just the midpipe hanger?
    Thanks

Again, not an expert on the subject so don't take my word for gospel, but in theory, as long as you use a longer midpipe hanger so that even when "pushed" it isn't making contact with the heatshield, that should correct the problem. However, upgrading all of your hangars to a stiffer kartboy or Torque Solutions piece is never a bad option.

Kartboy dot com :: Subaru Forester :: 2000-2005 Forester :: Kartboy Exhaust Hanger 12mm EXTRA LONG Single (BLACK)

Update: I brought it to one of the most reputable Subaru shops in my area and their solution was to take out the exhaust shield. They said they didn't want to hit or bend it because it is very close to the driveshaft. It also didn't seem to matter how the midpipe was oriented, it still hit.

My question now, is there anything to worry about not having the shield? Should I wrap that section of the exhaust with heat wrap? I drive about 35 miles to school, and 35 miles back a couple times a week.

Thanks