One Step Colder or Two?

This is a discussion on One Step Colder or Two? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys, I've read a ton about this topic and even asked my soon-to-be tuner, who also gave me an ...

One Step Colder or Two?

Hi guys, I've read a ton about this topic and even asked my soon-to-be tuner, who also gave me an ambiguous answer. So I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who has experience with later model STIs at higher-than-Stg2 power levels.

I have a '13 STI which I just started breaking down to swap the turbo. Current mods are Invidia catless DP, SPT catback, AEM intake, fuel pump and FMIC. The mods going on are 20G XT-R, turbo inlet pipe, TGV delete, Tomei equal length header and uppipe.

The recurring guideline I see is one step colder for 100hp more than stock, and two steps colder for 200+ more than stock, but again there is so much conflicting info out there. I'm hoping to get into the 370-380whp range, so that's considerably more than 100+ but not quite 200+, and I don't want to run into issues because of something as small as spark plugs. Any wisdom you can provide would be very helpful. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    My car is more than 400hp over stock and I use stock heat range copper plugs without an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    My car is more than 400hp over stock and I use stock heat range copper plugs without an issue.
    Wow good to know, thanks.

Sent from right behind you!