MBC problems?

This is a discussion on MBC problems? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thinkin about gettting a forge mbc but I keep reading they are bad for your car. The only reason I ...

MBC problems?

Thinkin about gettting a forge mbc but I keep reading they are bad for your car. The only reason I can find is that it only adjusts the boost and not the fuel so your motor will run lean. I have a cobb accessport and I am able to turn up the fuel so does that solve the problem with mbcs? Or is there more?
    Bugeye Mafia #417

Speed never killed anyone, it's a person becoming stationery suddenly that kills.- Jeremy Clarkson

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd rethink the approach. Since you have an AP, you in theory have zero use for an MBC, particularly if you are asking -- and you are asking.

Read the map notes for the map you are using with the AP; there should be an explanation of boost curves etc.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Well i know its possable to turn up the boost with the ap i just don't really know how to go about it. I don't know what else needs turned up or tunned.
    Bugeye Mafia #417

Speed never killed anyone, it's a person becoming stationery suddenly that kills.- Jeremy Clarkson

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah... you should be consulting a professional tuner...
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    You need to have the car professionally tuned for the MBC, you can't just put one on and turn up the boost.. unless you are experienced with tuning and do it your self (which you are not if you have to ask).

Dangers after having a professional tune the car for a MBC? You can have PTFB issues since the MBC is pretty much all or nothing.. not really something you can tune around (unless you are going to run hybrid boost control), but if you know what you're doing you could "drive around" PTFB situations.

I Support ClubWRX
    There is nothing to turn up if you use the AP, for which you have already paid.

Two things: first, read the map notes for the AP map. Next, read the map notes. The device controls boost for you via the ECU.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Alright thanks for the info. I found a pro tuner in my area so ill get it all figured out!
    Bugeye Mafia #417