What is a good in-take for '13 WRX?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What is a good in-take for '13 WRX? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys! Do any of you know any good in-takes to put in the '13 WRX?...

What is a good in-take for '13 WRX?

Hey guys! Do any of you know any good in-takes to put in the '13 WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They're are plenty of good options. However, you are aware that they all require a tune to use them right?

Yes. but i just want ideas of a good in-take. cause i hear good and bad or intakes. some say K&N are cheaper and is decent compared to Injen which some say is expensive for what is as good as them. so... i am just looking for ideas. after all it is my first WRX.

I hate this response but, ask the tuner you think you might work with or the company you'll be buying your AP map from. Also, some intakes aren't compatible with FMIC's if you decide to go that way later on.

AEM and K&N are pretty popular. I hear the Cobb runs a bit lean and harder to tune...just hearsay, no personal experience. I have the K&N and its not compatible with a front mount intercooler but that's not in my plans and I love the whooshing abounds it makes.

Good luck, dig around a bit. Lots of success with lots of different intakes depending on your wants/needs/budget.

Cheers!

My first wrx as well. I would say the cobb sf intake is the most common as well as AEM. If you are going to use a cobb ap for your engine management you have to be careful because not intakes are compatible with their tunes.

ohh really??. I have a blue WRX too. I hear some good reviews on COBBs too. I can't seem to decide. lol

I was thinking about Cobb, myself. I like how it uses the stock ram intake to suck in cool air, yet it's still a short ram intake, so the sound is great.

I'm concerned about the tuning issues, though...

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm sure people will also bring up if you live in a flood area you may want to stay away from cold air due to possibility of hydro lock (though I think you would have to drive through a good foot of water). Do you ever plan on going to a Front Mount Intercooler? If so you may want to go with an cold air instead of a short ram like the cobb since the piping needs to be routed through the stock airbox location.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL

cflip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    AEM is a popular choice. COBB is overpriced.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ProZach626 View Post
    I was thinking about Cobb, myself. I like how it uses the stock ram intake to suck in cool air, yet it's still a short ram intake, so the sound is great.

I'm concerned about the tuning issues, though...
    Talk to the people whom you intend to tune with.

^ It all depends how you are tuning the car. If you have someone tuning, ask them what intake they prefer you get. If you are getting a premade map, look at what intakes are supported.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

JDT
    I just ordered the AP and Cobb SF Intake, should have it next week so I'll let you know what I can after running it (if you can wait that long lol).

Stay away from Injen.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

The one that your tuner makes maps for.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Perrin turbo inlet, and a good drop in air filter. The stock airbox is good until you go with a rotated turbo setup imho. These cars aren't civics!!! hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast