Sound difference between catback and catless turboback??

This is a discussion on Sound difference between catback and catless turboback?? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm currently running a q300 on my 2013 sedan and will be replacing my stock downpipe with a catless one ...

Sound difference between catback and catless turboback??

I'm currently running a q300 on my 2013 sedan and will be replacing my stock downpipe with a catless one soon. Why kind of sound difference can I expect? If it is still not loud enough should I cut the resonator out?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Itll be louder and a bit more raspy.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Quote Originally Posted by Beans114 View Post
    I'm currently running a q300 on my 2013 sedan and will be replacing my stock downpipe with a catless one soon. Why kind of sound difference can I expect? If it is still not loud enough should I cut the resonator out?
    a little deeper tone, and how loud is loud enough? just because its loud doesnt mean its fast. but just for loudness you can get do a few things, "washer mod", cut the muffler off, cut the resonator off-weld in a pipe, run open downpipe, or my choice would be just get a nice catback that isnt stock. search around on the forsale ads.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

i have an aftermarket downpipe with my q300. its not loud. it makes a good sound. but its not loud. if your looking for a loud obnoxious exhaust. then you made the wrong choice with a q300. you should sell it and buy an N1 if you want everyone within a half mile to hear your car.

Q300 with catted downpipe is perfect for a daily driver imo. but im getting off on a tangent. to answer your question.

yes. an aftermarket downpipe will make the car louder. a catless one will make it more raspy but not really any louder than a catted one. case in point. save the planet and buy a catted downpipe. itll sound better and you wont lose any power compared to a catless
    Last edited by EndlessSea; 05-21-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    2013 wrx sedan-SOLD(awaiting 2015/16 Mustang)

2005 Mustang GT
    Racecar! Borla Stingers, Pypes x-pipe, Airaid Intake, FR Lowering Springs, Steeda Tri-Ax
    Previous faist cars: '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo