Best Spent $1000?? Help please!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best Spent 00?? Help please! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello everyone, I am new to forum and just purchased an '08 WRX, right after a brand new suspension, tires, ...

Best Spent $1000?? Help please!

Hello everyone,

I am new to forum and just purchased an '08 WRX, right after a brand new suspension, tires, complete tune up and fresh clear coat. I have an extra thousand dollars after my purchase and want to invest it performance wise... The car came with an SPT catback and thats it... What's the best way to spend my grand?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    downpipe and a tune

any specific brand?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    There are plenty of good brands to choose from.. who tunes it is what matters.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thedunstin View Post
    any specific brand?
    Turboxs, invidia, cobb, perrin...are all good (and there are more). Boils down to how much money you want to spend and which name you like saying better. Contact the vendors on here (fasttuningproducts hooked me up) and you can get some pretty good deals, especially on package deals.

The Downpipe is a metal pipe. I think you will have a hard time finding anyone who had one fail. Tsudo, CNT racing should be lower cost and well made. The big thing is to decide if you want a cat in there or not. If your state has emission inspections, you will want the DP with a cat in it.

Quote Originally Posted by thedunstin View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new to forum and just purchased an '08 WRX, right after a brand new suspension, tires, complete tune up and fresh clear coat. I have an extra thousand dollars after my purchase and want to invest it performance wise... The car came with an SPT catback and thats it... What's the best way to spend my grand?
    Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't happen to have bought it in SE Michigan would you? I just traded in a (DGM 5 door) 2008 not too long ago is why I ask. I have some aftermarket stuff from it still that I haven't sold.

Edit: I have the specific Cobb AccessPort for the 4EAT 2008 WRX and a custom protune file (done on a Mustang AWD Dyno by the best tuner in Michigan) for it. All you need is the SPT Catback and an AEM CAI to use it (amazing tune!). I had the stock downpipe and turbo on it. I also have OZ Ultraleggera wheels (w/ TPMS) Conti DWS tires (all less than a year old), the all weather mats/trunk liner as well. I'll sell whatever you're interested in.
    Last edited by JaySin; 05-17-2013 at 05:56 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah i would recommend dp and a tune, catback if you have the money
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Is there an echo in here....I'll say much of the same as ^^^^^^^

DP, intake, EBCS and tune.

If you buy the DP and intake used, you could possibly save a big chunk of money. New is good too, obviously.

Stg2 is a totally different car, power liberated and much smoother throttle mapping too. 20-25+% increases are probably on the lower side of the estimated power gains generally seen with those three mods and the tune, it's rad!

I think you'll really enjoy the car once and if you go that route, thousands before will probably agree. Make sure you're ready for that step but, after reading your OP, I'd think maybe that's why your here.

Good luck with it, cheers.

Strip club best night of your life or like everyone else said DP and tune
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Ampliified View Post
    Strip club best night of your life or like everyone else said DP and tune
    Ha, just save a few hundred to go get rid of the clap after your done!

Cobb ap and catted dp

Downpipe and tune made the biggest seat of the pants difference to me. That'll run you about a grand. Other than that you could do suspension stuff if you want to track it. Or take care of the terrible factory sound system and probably still have 4 or 500 bucks leftover. Really depends what your plans for the car are

I'm selling my perrin cai if your interested. 2 months old. Works fine with stock tune or perrin will email you a map for free.
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Investing in stocks is pretty profitible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Investing in stocks is pretty profitible.
    this is also, very very true....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.