2010 WRX drop in intake. Please give feedback. Need immediate advice

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX drop in intake. Please give feedback. Need immediate advice within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2010 wrx and i would like to add the k&n drop in intake. will the sound of ...

2010 WRX drop in intake. Please give feedback. Need immediate advice

I have a 2010 wrx and i would like to add the k&n drop in intake. will the sound of the turbo be prominent. i am looking for that sound but i dont want to purchase a whole intake. also will i require a tune? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I believe its recommended to tune after installing an intake, especially for the 08+ models

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What is a "drop in intake"? Are you talking about an intake, or a drop in filter?

I have a cosworth hi-flow drop in filter for my 2013 wrx, im tuned for stage 2 but after looking at some logs the maf scaling will have to be adjusted slightly.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

2010 WRX drop in air filter. Please give feedback. Need immediate advice

I have a 2010 wrx and i would like to add the k&n drop in air filter. will the sound of the turbo be prominent? i am looking for that sound but i dont want to purchase a whole intake. also will i require a tune? thanks

Does K&N drop in air filter require tune on 2010 WRX?

Thanks

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    No. But I wouldn't run an oiled filter.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Why did you make two posts for the same thing? And no, a panel filter will not change the sound much, if it changes at all.

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Will drop in air filter require tune on 2010 WRX? Please take the time to respond.

I was thinking the AVO drop in filter. I just don't want it to ruin performance.

I Support ClubWRX
    Really? A 3rd thread? lol

just looking for direct answer lol. last one i promise

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Too many threads.. your questions required ONE thread. Mods need to merge or delete these.

I Support ClubWRX
    Threads merged.

A panel filter change will not typically change the sound in any noticeable way. It typically will not degrade (certainly not ruin) performance or require a tune.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_90 View Post
    just looking for direct answer lol. last one i promise
    "Need immediate advice"? This really sounded like a "life or death" situation. In the future please refrain from making multiple threads about the same question. If you are that desperate for answers learn to use the search function on this site or try Google. There is over a decade worth of info on these cars floating around. It's not hard to find answers if you actually look for them.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S