Need advice on straight pipe exhaust.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Need advice on straight pipe exhaust. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sorry in advance if there a thread on this already but I looked and couldn't find one. Anyway, I have ...

Need advice on straight pipe exhaust.

Sorry in advance if there a thread on this already but I looked and couldn't find one. Anyway, I have been looking into stright pipe exhaust as well as a full tuned exhaust system specifically Megan racing. I have a 2013 wrx premium and I'm considering my options.
    Option 1- Megan racing up pipe catless with flex section
    Megan racing down pipe catless
    Megan racing catback exhaust
    *keep in mind Megan makes a 3" system with no step downs

Option 2- Same Megan racing up pipe and down pipe then straight pipe to exhaust tips on the ends or to a muffler of some sort.

If someone can give me advice on something they had tried, or good idea vs bad ideas. I know goin Megan tuned system is a tried and true system although far more expensive but a few subie guys a know love the straight pipe route. This is my first wrx so I'm not entirely familiar with their intricacies so any advice would be a great help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have a 2012 wrx with a custom straight pipe but its only a cat back but it'll give you somewhat of an indication of a straight pipe Scooby, going stage 2+ soon

2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    I have a full catless exhaust and I made a muffler delete for fun. My ears were ringing and had a headache after 15 minutes of driving. It might not be as bad with the stock exhaust. But mine set off car alarms. Id go with the full Megan exhaust. Grain of salt....in my opinion a nice exhaust sounds better than straight pipes for a street car.
    Last edited by wreckingball man; 05-11-2013 at 10:54 AM.

I did catless on mine. i took it off two days later because it pounded my head. I'm absolutely a fan of loud exhaust but i couldn't take it. not sure about high flow cat never heard one in person on a wrx.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Megan Racing is junk.. and straight pipes are obnoxious.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Megan Racing is junk.. and straight pipes are obnoxious.
    +1

^
    +2
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you want a loud but good sounding exhaust i would say get an n1 race, i have that with a catless dp and it sounds great
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    is there a reason why want to spend money on a catless uppipe when your car already has one?

in most scenarios, you dont need to get an aftermarket one unless you want to go EWG or starting to heavily modify your car

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I don't recommend a straight pipe for your daily driver. Have you even been in a straight piped car? Not only is it Ricey it's pretty obnoxious sounding usually. I'd recommend a quality brand used catback if your looking to save money
    2013 wrx sedan(saving up for a 2015 STI)

Previous faist cars: '05 Mustang GT '02 RSX-S, '91 SR20 240sx, '85 300zx turbo

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.