99 boost cut issue

This is a discussion on 99 boost cut issue within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys new to forum, recently purchased a 99 WRX RA 555 edition ej207, had low comp when i brought ...

99 boost cut issue

hi guys new to forum,
    recently purchased a 99 WRX RA 555 edition ej207, had low comp when i brought it due to burnt valve, have rebuild it, goes good untill 6500ish rpm then falls right of boost, had had scan tool pluged in and live data is constent -40 degrees for manifold intake sensor. no dtc present. wondering if anyones had this issue? and is intake temp sensor apart of afm? cheers guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anyone help a brother out??

I Support ClubWRX
    This site is US based. This would be part of the reason you are not getting any responses quickly. We didn't even get the WRX until 2002 and the STI until 2004. Are you in the United States? The intake manifold sensor does play a part in fueling but more so timing,but I don't think that would be the main problem. What do you mean "falling out of boost"? Most stock vehicles without any tampering of the ECU or factory boost control are not going to hold peak boost all the way to redline. Subaru purposely tapers the boost down.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    This site is US based. This would be part of the reason you are not getting any responses quickly. We didn't even get the WRX until 2002 and the STI until 2004. Are you in the United States? The intake manifold sensor does play a part in fueling but more so timing,but I don't think that would be the main problem. What do you mean "falling out of boost"? Most stock vehicles without any tampering of the ECU or factory boost control are not going to hold peak boost all the way to redline. Subaru purposely tapers the boost down.
    cheers mate no im not fro the us, from nz.. like it literly falls right off boost, i had a genuine scan tool plugged in and watched it loss all of its boost once it it around 6500rpm. ecu is beleived to be standard but have yet to check