COBB AP V1
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on COBB AP V1 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering if anyone is running V1 with this setup, DP and catback only. Those are the only mods ...

COBB AP V1

I was wondering if anyone is running V1 with this setup, DP and catback only. Those are the only mods I'm looking to do and am curious to see if the V1 can handle. I don't want to drop 500-600$ on a V2 so any information would be very valuable!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As long as it has a Stage 2 map on it, and is compatible with your car, then yeah a V1 will work fine...

Be warned though that Cobb hasn't supported the V1 for quite some time now.

Why not look for a used V2? Plenty of them out there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you're misunderstanding what the AP does. All it does is upload a datafile to the ECU. Of course the V1 can "handle" that. The real question would be finding a used V1 compatible with your car. Cobb still has archives of the V1 Stage II maps on their site.

The problem is that the V1 is no longer supported by Cobb, so if you ever want a protune at some point, you'll need to get a V2.

If you really want to save money, go OpenSource. Plenty of support, and basic maps are free.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    I think you're misunderstanding what the AP does. All it does is upload a datafile to the ECU. Of course the V1 can "handle" that. The real question would be finding a used V1 compatible with your car. Cobb still has archives of the V1 Stage II maps on their site.

The problem is that the V1 is no longer supported by Cobb, so if you ever want a protune at some point, you'll need to get a V2.

If you really want to save money, go OpenSource. Plenty of support, and basic maps are free.
    OpenSource? I'm unfamiliar with that, could you explain?

Does OpenSource work with the stock ecu as long as I have the Tactrix cable?

It does. IT's an adapter that allows to connect a laptop running the OpenSource software: Romraider and learning view. Romraider is also what talks to ECU and installs the new map. first pull a copy of the installed map, then install new. That new map could come from a email based tuner, like Torqued Performance, there are a number of them. Mine is tuned with Torqued Performance, others have used many other e-tuners. You'd usually pull some logs, with Romraider, the tuner goes over that end makes adjustments, sends another iteration of map, until the logs show "good". You can also use this to monitor current readings, like AP, read out DTC and reset CEL... Do a search on "romraider", "tactrix"...
    The cable is like $160, Software is free, i.e. OpenSoure... Laptop is probably a given, it was in my case.
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    OP, you have a 2007. a v1 WILL NOT WORK for your year.

you can only use a v2.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.