SOCAL: Cobb ProTune or Church Open Source???

This is a discussion on SOCAL: Cobb ProTune or Church Open Source??? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2013 wrx sedan I'm really torn on which way to go. Here are the pros and cons.. i'm still new ...

SOCAL: Cobb ProTune or Church Open Source???

2013 wrx sedan

I'm really torn on which way to go. Here are the pros and cons.. i'm still new to this so hopefully you guys can help me:

Church Tuning: $450 + tax for tune. Can not switch maps or flash to stock. (actually could flash to stock by driving down to Church for a reflash)

Cobb Tuning : $800 for Protune and AP (deal unique to fountain valley) . can switch maps and flash to stock & read error codes and whatnot

I'm going to be going to be going stage 2 when i get my flash and don't plan on doing much after that. Wont really be switching maps so i'm mostly concerned with which company will give me the best gains and smoothest power band.

Any help at all will be appreciated.. also, does cobb have an accessflash for the 2013 models? i know on older cars you can get a protune without the ap but obviously just cant switch maps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Reach out to Cobb about that. I doubt it's available for only some models...of the two, I'd go Cobb.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

If you are going to stage 2 then the ability to flash to stock should not be part of the equation.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Why not find a simple Tactrix/ETune option? It'd be your cheapest bet...

Though finding a place to do a full dyno-tune would be your best/most reliable gains.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying