REV/BOOST Running rough
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on REV/BOOST Running rough within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 2013 hatch WRX. Mods: Accessport stage 1, Cobb sf intake, SPT catback exhaust and I have always ran 93. Problem: ...

REV/BOOST Running rough

2013 hatch WRX.

Mods: Accessport stage 1, Cobb sf intake, SPT catback exhaust and I have always ran 93.

Problem: It does not happen all the time, but for the past few days whenever i reach 3.5 rpm instead of gathering boost, all i get is a rev. i still gain speed and minimal boost but it is definitely not normal. Help Please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What do you mean "all I get is a rev?" When I read that, I think that your engine is revving and you aren't moving the way you should be, a la a clutch slipping.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Still gains speed, just revs louder than usual. In a sense it feels halted. As if my engine isnt getting enough air. It will happen when I'm shifting yes but when I'm in gear as well. Basically whenever I'm over 3.5 rpm.

Boost leak?

Boost leak is a possibility, although ill drive it and my boost will be perfectly fine, hop in and drive three hours later and the same problem arises. Could this be a tune problem/MAF issue.

I would look for any boost leaks, T/b to intercooler especially, if that doesnt fix it try some maf cleaner.
    2013 SWP WRX Sedan
    Hillside, NJ
    Invidia Catless Downpipe, Custom Short Ram Intake, Self Tuned Using ECU Flash, Romraider and Tactrix

Do you hear a lot of gushing air? Sounds like you blew off the hose going from the IC to the throttlebody. Very common.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Do you hear a lot of gushing air? Sounds like you blew off the hose going from the IC to the throttlebody. Very common.
    ^this

Or it's the clutch.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

thank you everyone for the feedback. i cleaned my MAF, checked for loose connections. No luck yet, i will be taking my car to my local tuner on saturday. hopefully they can figure it out :/

The loose connection is under the Intake manifold, you cant see it. You need to take your intercooler off. And put the hose back on the TB and then tighten the hoseclamp.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    The loose connection is under the Intake manifold, you cant see it. You need to take your intercooler off. And put the hose back on the TB and then tighten the hoseclamp.
    Off goes the intercooler tomorrow, will see how this goes

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.