Looking into ELH and a Pro-Tune. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Looking into ELH and a Pro-Tune. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; EL header gains are pretty impressive. Not everyone is a fan of the sound, but if you are then go ...

EL header gains are pretty impressive. Not everyone is a fan of the sound, but if you are then go for it. It looks to be a nice upgrade. A dyno tune should also be a good increase over your current Cobb map as well. EFI Logistics is verrryy good from what I've seen, but there's no reason to drive 4-5 hours if you've got someone knowledgeable and reputable closer by.

I would take a good look at the KillerB header. Yes, it's more expensive but it is very well designed. I've read nothing but great things about it.

Do some research on wrapping and ceramic coating as I think these things are worth considering as well. Just my two cents

Good luck and post up them results!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Most e-tunes are not going to be that precise. For example.. the last map I looked at from TP was done in six revisions. The last tune I had done (dyno, then street) was 34 revisions. It takes time to really dial things in, time that an e-tuner usually isn't getting paid for.
    Sorry Robin, I disagree. A dyno certainly helps determine MBT, but most tuners roughly tune on a dyno then take the car on the street to button up the tune. If you have proper tuning tools installed (WBO2 sensor and EGT sensor), there's no reason a road tune won't be "more precise" if time is taken to do it correctly. The car should be tuned in the manner it is driven: i.e. the street.

Then you haven't seen what I have.
    This.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Sorry Robin, I disagree. A dyno certainly helps determine MBT, but most tuners roughly tune on a dyno then take the car on the street to button up the tune. If you have proper tuning tools installed (WBO2 sensor and EGT sensor), there's no reason a road tune won't be "more precise" if time is taken to do it correctly. The car should be tuned in the manner it is driven: i.e. the street.

I never said anything about road vs. dyno.. just that six revisions of a TP e-tune is not going to be near as precise as 34 revisions done in person.. with a WBO2.

zax
    I never said anything about road vs. dyno.. just that six revisions of a TP e-tune is not going to be near as precise as 34 revisions done in person.. with a WBO2.
    Agreed
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123