Which headers

This is a discussion on Which headers within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think I might want to get some equal length headers someday soon but idk which ones...... In your opinion ...

Which headers

I think I might want to get some equal length headers someday soon but idk which ones...... In your opinion which sounds the best? I don't want it to be raspy and "Honda-like" I like a deep tone with some bass
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much ever bolt on.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Your choice of exhaust from the turbo back will influence sound more so than header choice. All EL header's pretty much sound the same. I have yet to hear any Subaru with any exhaust that makes it sound like a Honda. A big bore and short stroke motor doesn't just get it's sound changed by exhaust alone.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I just don't really like rasp

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Rasp is going to have to do with your catback, not your headers. To reduce raspyness I'd look into installing an additional resonator (and your choice of muffler will have the largest impact).

KillerB arguably makes the best ELH for Subies. Only problem with them is that you have to use their uppipe and there is no EWG option or rotated fitment for the bigger turbo guys. It also comes with a hefty price tag.

Next on the list I would put Perrin ELH. I have it on my car, spools quick, capable of high power levels, well made, and affordable.

So since my DP is catted that could eliminate the rasp for me? I have the indivia N1 single exhaust and its pretty deep with the UEL

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Being catted may help somewhat.. it will reduce volume at least.

I just put some Perrin ELH on my car. You can read my thoughts in the build thread I did:Tanker's TurboSnail: I choose you!

It doesn't really rasp at all, and in fact it's a lot quieter than it previously was. I personally don't think it sounds like a honda. It sounds a LOT like my Kawasaki Concours 14 stock exhaust note, with the added sound of the intake and turbo thrown in for good measure.

However, the Killer B product is nicer (and in my opinion, a better design), and the tomei ELH come with an uppipe and all the gaskets you need (and wrap, etc). The perrin is a nice product too, and is good with the stock turbo.

The install (if you don't do an uppipe) is less than an hour. The only 'issue' I have had is that on cold start up, something is rattling a bit (I think it's my down pipe on the heat shield, but I'm not 100% sure yet), but that goes away immediately after the car 'kicks down' from start up idle - so I've had a hard time tracking it fast enough before it goes away.
    2013 DGM WRX - Perrin CAI | PW TMIC | Forge BPV | Cobb DP | GS EBCS | DW 65C Pump | Perrin ELH & Uppipe | NGK One-Step Colder | Bren ProTune
    Best Time (on 4.21.13): 12.26 sec @ 113 mph